Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Zesty Bacon Spread (Dipstock)


My final dip for the Saucy Dipper's Dipstock is this Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project Recipe: Zesty Bacon Dip


Truth be told, I was a little scared of this recipe. 



I thought it was going to be hot and spicy... but despite the jalapeƱos it was still pretty mild...I am a wimp when it comes to heat... so you'll be ok with this one, promise.


Start by cutting up 2 lbs of bacon in your handy-dandy microcooker... or just fry it up and crumble it up afterward...


Once you have it nice and crispy, drain and set it aside... Random fact that I think I have shared before... do you know what spell check recommends instead of "Crissy"? "Crispy". 

Hello, my name is Crispy.

Anyhoo...


Now take 1/4 cup of butter and cream with your cheeses...


2 blocks of cream cheese-softened


And 16 oz. of Mexican Velveeta-cubed


And Mix 'er up


Now add 1 T JalapeƱos



And 1/4 Cup Minced Onion


Mix 'er again and then add your bacon...yum!


Stir 'er up and serve up to bacon lovers everywhere!


Yum!



Hunk of Meat Mondays



Photobucket

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More