Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: The Best Pork Chops


Tonight's Goode & Gooseberry Project Recipe is The Best Pork Chops...

Perfect name for 'em...just sayin'


Just so happens I cooked this little gem back when I was out of town a few weeks ago... regular readers might remember that jewel of a "stocked" kitchen... well she's baaaaccckkkk!


This time I came prepared...mmmwwhhhaahaahaa-- I showed that butter-knife-wanna-be-steak-knife who was boss... Ya see like any good ole boy, my Goode Ole Boy had a serious boy knife and I decided to give it a try... after a GOODe scrubbin'...just sayin' ;) 


I summoned my inner Paula Deen and melted 1/4 cup of butter in my skillet...


I then added 2 onions... sliced quite nicely with my GOODe Ole Boy knife ;)


I then put a lid on things to golden them up.


Now if you want the quick version of this recipe grab up some boneless thin sliced chops vs. the thick bone in chops. 

I needed something quick, so I got these and cut about an hour off of the recipe. 

If you get a larger cut of meat, you will want to cook the full time or they won't be tender/flavorful... don't ask me or my guests for dinner last weekend how I know.


Once your onions are glossy, add your chops and season with salt and pepper.


Brown on both sides and then go grab some chicken broth and.... you guessed it, my favorite cooking ingredient... Sherry (substituted for white wine).


Add a cup of each to the skillet... mmmm...sherry!


Now cover and let magic happen... cook for 1 1/2 for bigger cuts or 45 minutes for the thin chops


Now, uncover and you simply must smell all of the deliciousness... 


Now add  4-5 quartered red potatoes


And, 1/2 a bag of sliced carrots


Salt and pepper and cover for another 45 minutes (or 1 1/2 hours for larger chops)


Uncover for the most deliciously tender pork chop yumminess...


Hungry yet?


Enjoy!


Here's my version of the recipe :)


Hunk of Meat Mondays


Photobucket

10 GOODe Thoughts:

Yummy! And even if you weren't as impressed with last weekend's go at this recipe...I thought they were delicious! :) My mouth is watering just reading about them! :)

Looks great! I've gotta try this. There seem to be a lot of pork recipes these days. I like those boneless pork cutlets. This looks easy and yummy!

Tasty lookin' grub!
Easy-peasy too...I'm always loving the easy recipes :)
Have a great day !

Looks terrific!! I love one-skillet type meals....especially for busy nights! Cook on!!

Blessings!
Gail

I made PW's pan fried pork chops this week and these will be on the menu for next week. I also love cooking with sherry. Awesome flavor.

That looks SO GOOD (Goode?)!
I'm just wondering where that knife's been...
I probably would've added a bleach dip after the scrubbin'!

These look really yummy and in honor of pork month, I will be trying them tomorrow if I make it to the grocery store to get the ingredients I'm missing like the carrots and chicken broth as you know I always have pork chops in the freezer. :-)

These look really yummy and in honor of pork month, I will be trying them tomorrow if I make it to the grocery store to get the ingredients I'm missing like the carrots and chicken broth as you know I always have pork chops in the freezer. :-)

I made PW's pan fried pork chops this week and these will be on the menu for next week. I also love cooking with sherry. Awesome flavor.

Looks terrific!! I love one-skillet type meals....especially for busy nights! Cook on!!

Blessings!
Gail

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More