Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

GOODe Time: Kelsay Farms


"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."



No, I am not in a Christmas caroling mood, it is just that I am busting at the seams because THIS is my FAVORITE time of year!


Corn mazes



Hayrides



Mountains of straw



Cool "slides"



Cow trains



Moo-choo!



And tons and tons of corn!



This weekend we made our annual trip to Kelsay Farms thanks to the gals over at Two Maids a Milking who treated our family to free tickets!






Photobucket


They have an awesome corn maze this year.


Miss Add, Puddie, Aunt Lou and her beau Michael and I had a ball searching for all the answers to the clues hidden in the gigantic maze!



Don't get me wrong, it was hard work...



But Miss Add was quite the maze maven


In the end, we managed to find all the clues (Aunt Lou helped... a little ;) )



After the corn maze, we were off to the hay ride...



But first we stopped by the "barn" on the way ;)



Miss Add LOVED the hay  straw ride.


For you city folk, hay is what animals eat and straw (what most "hay" rides/fall decor is made of) is used as a bedding for the animals.



After the hay ride, we headed over to Aunt Lou's FAVORITE part of Kelsay Farms...



Once again kids...watch out



She doesn't like to take turns...



Trust me, I know.




Auntie Liz then showed Miss Add all of the cool sand toys in the area especially for the little ones:) 



You can tell the Two Maids know what the little ones like (and that us mamas need a safe area to take a break ;) )



Miss Add then rode the MooChoo



Then we were off to Miss Add's favorite place at Kelsay's



The corn!!!



Think gigantic sandbox, only corn instead!



Miss Liz lured Miss Add away by offering to have her help with feeding some wee little calves...



Truth be told, I think Aunt Lou was as excited as Miss Add.



She remembers our summer of cow fertility a little more fondly than I...just sayin'



Miss Add then tried her hand at milkin'



I was surprised by this sign.  Can you imagine how much milk would cost these days if farms could only milk 6 cows an hour???



All in all, we had a fabulous time! Thank you Kelsay Farms for a great time and an opportunity to put a little country back in my kid ;)

Linked to:
Photobucket






14 GOODe Thoughts:

WOW! There is much to do at Kelsey Farms, and I think Miss Ad covered it all, with a bit of help from some of her favorite people! Great trip!

We had such a great time! Thanks for inviting Michael and I along. :)

Just so everyone knows...I did NOT and have not ever pushed a child out of the way for the slide OR cut line. I wait my turn just like every other child in line! hahaha :)

Looks like a great place to take Jace...where is it at?

It looks like you guys had a great time !
What a wonderful way to kick off Fall!
Have a great day :)

LOVE your pictures! Looks like you guys and Miss Ad had a great time!

Those pictures are SO fantastic! There's a farm like that near us and we're debating if Pie is old enough to enjoy it yet...

Likely story Aunt Lou...

Lisa- They are near Whiteland. If you click on Kelsay Farms link at the top of the post, it will take you to their website.

Thanks everyone! We had a ball!

looks like such a great fall day for your family! and a fun farm to visit too! we are doing something like that next week... can't wait!

Thanks for the post Cris! We are glad you guys had a great time!!!

However, less pics of me and more of the cutie!! hahaha

The best part of the day for me was when Add called me Aunt Liz... she's gonna be a heart breaker!!

Looks like fun!
I'm hoping to take the girls down this weekend!

Such great photos! Looks like a spectacular time was had by all! Isn't that a cute cow train. Fall is also my very favorite time of year. :-)

Likely story Aunt Lou...

Lisa- They are near Whiteland. If you click on Kelsay Farms link at the top of the post, it will take you to their website.

Thanks everyone! We had a ball!

Those pictures are SO fantastic! There's a farm like that near us and we're debating if Pie is old enough to enjoy it yet...

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More