Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Caramel Brownies


Tonight's Goode & Gooseberry Project Recipe is Caramel Brownies


Otherwise affectionately known 'round these parts as the brownie that should be illegal --just to be fair to other brownies... just sayin'


The secret ingredient in these babies is a cake mix! Which makes my creativity kick into overdrive when it comes to all the possibilities for versions of this recipe!


Now forgive me dear readers...but I lost one of my memory disks that had the first several shots of this recipe on it... I also lost my make-up bag and my favorite t-shirt recently... but we aren't going to talk about that right now...hmph!

So, let's pretend I am melting caramel cubes with evaporated milk here

XXXX

I promise I did.

Now, let's pretend I am mixing my cake mix, butter, evaporated milk and nuts in another bowl.

XXXX

Aren't my mixing skills stellar?

Hang on... the pretending is almost over...

Now, let's pretend we press half of the cake mix mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and bake @ 350 degrees for 8 minutes

XXXX


Whew... now pull 'er out of the oven


Now sprinkle 1 cup dark chocolate chips on top


Now add your caramel GOODeNESS


And top with the remaining cake mix mixture


And finish baking for another 20 minutes


Now here is the bad news... you simply must wait for them to cool...



I know, I know... we all think we can break these rules... I do all the time. 



However, this is one time you must wait because 1) the caramel is like molten lava and 2) they need to set up to be at their absolute GOODeNESS.


Once they are cool, cut them into squares and serve up to family and friends :)


Yummo!

For more recipes from the Goode & Gooseberry Project, check out the following page:


Linked to:


  • Tempt My Tummy Tuesday







  • Tuesdays at the Table







  • It's a Blog Party




  • 19 GOODe Thoughts:

    Pretend that this is a pic of me wanting some of those brownies!

    XXXX

    Could ya see it?!?!

    Oh boy! If I had the ingredients on hand, I would make those right now! Even though it's almost midnight :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Amy

    Yummm!!! I want some! Those are going to be prepared for Thanksgiving this year...right?! :)

    Drooling all over the keyboard right now... YUM!

    Oh. My. GOODEness. I'm in my car and driving your way. You just need to send me directions. I'll just head west and wait on the directions. :)

    Oh Good Grief! Why do you do this to me??? And are you sure this recipe isn't illegal?

    I'll make this for the grandkids and then we'll see which one falls into a sugar coma first. LOL

    So do I think they look delicious? Oh yes.

    WOW. Your photos really bring this ooey-gooey recipe to life...now if only it were HERE in real life. ;)

    You're right, these should be illegal. Not that it would stop me from eating them. :)

    Be right over. I'll bring the cold-frosty milk too :)
    Naughty Brownies!!
    Have a great day !

    Oh! DANG! Did you hear that? Yep that was me falling off the diet wagon AGAIN. There are too many yummy food blogs out today! I'm going to have to turn my computer off! ;-)

    I was one of the lucky ones that got to taste these brownies! Not that i'm rubbing it in!! hehe! They were FANTASTIC!

    So glad you posted this recipe, its easy and looks amazing. Chocolate and caramel are so great togther.

    I'll second Liz--the were TERRIFIC.
    You know, I'm not supposed to be doing the carmel and nuts thing, but I had to be "polite" and eat one (two?) anyway.
    If you brought them again, I'd be just as polite...

    I grew up calling these bad boys Illini Bars. My mom doesn't know what I mean until I refer to them as such. They are not allowed near me. I think they are 40 WW points a piece.

    If I haven't said this before, I will now - I love that you're using this cookbook as I cook from it. I haven't tried this recipe, and I'm beginning to wonder why!

    Love your packaging in the canning jars - too cute.

    If I haven't said this before, I will now - I love that you're using this cookbook as I cook from it. I haven't tried this recipe, and I'm beginning to wonder why!

    Love your packaging in the canning jars - too cute.

    I was one of the lucky ones that got to taste these brownies! Not that i'm rubbing it in!! hehe! They were FANTASTIC!

    Oh boy! If I had the ingredients on hand, I would make those right now! Even though it's almost midnight :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Amy

    Pretend that this is a pic of me wanting some of those brownies!

    XXXX

    Could ya see it?!?!

    Post a Comment

    Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More