Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Super Mommy Secrets: Feeding the Kiddos After a LOOONG Day


We've all been there. A long day of work, chores, errands, fill in the blank... and despite the fact that we have conquered the world, our title of mom requires us to pull yet another miracle out of our bag of tricks...

Dinner.

After a long day, dinner is the last thing I want to worry about, but the first thing on my family's mind. 

Silly family... they expect to eat or something.

So, what do I do--when I haven't thought ahead and set out a freezer meal?

I typically go to Spaghetti (with my pre-made seasoned ground beef) or Mama's Mac n' Cheese. Or, I grab some of our Brown Bag Burritos or Texas Ranch Soup out of the freezer and quickly defrost.

Several Super Mommies shared their tips on our Facebook Page.

Super Mommy Stephanie is totally with me on the Spaghetti ;) 

Super Mommy Crystal goes to Chicken Stir-Fry or Salmon Patties.

Super Mommies Leah and Heather head out to their local Mexican Restaurants. Heather grabs a Carry-out Pizza from time to time.

Super Mommy Casie skips the Sketti (kids don't like it ;)) and goes to Chicken and Fries.

Super Mommy Cassidy goes to Sloppy Joes.

Super Mommy Tresa makes Junk Soup or Leftover Pot Pie (both recipes on Facebook page).

Super Mommy Jill makes Breakfast for Dinner or Cheese Quesadillas nuked in the microwave.

Super Mommy Katie makes Tatertot Hotdish/Casserole.

So, what is it in your house? We'd love to know your secrets!

Do you have another Super Mommy Secret? Do share and it may be featured in an upcoming Super Mommy Secret post.


Photobucket

8 GOODe Thoughts:

My girls' faces will light up if I look at them after a long day and ask them if they would like PANCAKES for supper. There just seems to be something kind of naughty in the minds of little ones about eating breakfast for supper. Throw some fruit in them, add milk, and it's fairly nutritious. S'pose I could grate up some carrots and spice it up if they really need veggies for supper. ;-)

If my husband's working, I totally go for French toast since he hates breakfast food for dinner, but if he's home, I try to keep fish sticks stocked in the freezer!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Thanks for sharing such great ideas and great moms with us!
We are empty nesters now, and so it's not quite the challenge that it used to be :)
Our kids would vouch for me though, that they had 'breakfast' for dinner quite a bit, when they were growing up :)
You are so thoughtful to help us out with ideas to file away !
Have a great day!!

Thanks for sharing such great ideas and great moms with us!
We are empty nesters now, and so it's not quite the challenge that it used to be :)
Our kids would vouch for me though, that they had 'breakfast' for dinner quite a bit, when they were growing up :)
You are so thoughtful to help us out with ideas to file away !
Have a great day!!

All great ideas!

When I'm starving, I grab some boneless, skinless chicken breast from the freezer and throw it in the microwave for a bit, just enough to partially thaw it. While I dice and saute it with minced garlic, I cook up some basmati rice and stir-fry some peppers and onions. It really is fast, and with a little white wine, a bit of corn starch, a t. of honey and a half cup of chicken broth, I've got a quick stirfry. And now the basmati is done and I'm ready to eat. Of course when I'm REALLY starving, I eat almonds while putting this together. :-)

Okay, so it doesn't sound fast, but truly it is - 23 minutes from thought to mouth.

Hi cris. thanks for finding my blog. Nice to meet you.
My quickie dinner fix is normally pasta with some doctored up jar sauce.
Have a great day

Hi cris. thanks for finding my blog. Nice to meet you.
My quickie dinner fix is normally pasta with some doctored up jar sauce.
Have a great day

Thanks for sharing such great ideas and great moms with us!
We are empty nesters now, and so it's not quite the challenge that it used to be :)
Our kids would vouch for me though, that they had 'breakfast' for dinner quite a bit, when they were growing up :)
You are so thoughtful to help us out with ideas to file away !
Have a great day!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More