Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GOODe Photo Tricks: Photoshop

Many folks ask me about my photos from time to time.


Some ask what camera I use, the settings and what programs I use to edit them.

I am by NO means a professional and definitely don't pretend to be...

Truth be told, some would call my photos overdone and I am cool with that because I just call them mine...just sayin'

I use a Nikon D40 set on auto 95% of the time. I'd love to play with the settings and learn a thing or two, but truth be told --with a 3 year old to keep up with-- it is just easier for me to pop it over to auto and go.

My go-to lens is a Tamron all in one 18-250mm. I bought it so that I don't have to change lens while chasing said 3 year old.

Post processing or photo editing is a creative outlet for me... so I store all my original photos on two external backup hard drives and then edit the heck out of copies of them until my little heart is content.


I use Photoshop CS4 and love to use photoshop actions from various sources like Adobe Exchange and The Coffee Shop Blog.


If you don't have the full version of Photoshop in your budget, you can always get the home version. Some actions or auto photo "treatments" work in both the professional and home versions.

If you are interested in learning how to use Photoshop, my highest recommendation goes to www.totaltraining.com -- it does cost money... but if you are passionate about learning these skills, it is the best money spent hands down.

If you'd rather learn for free, You Tube also has many great tutorials.

So there are my big photo secrets ;)

Would you like to see specific tutorials on here in the future? If so, pop me and email and I will see what I can do!



Photobucket

4 GOODe Thoughts:

I don't know how to use Photoshop that's why I resorted to using online editors like Fotoflexer. I usually set the camera in auto but mine is no high end camera. Just a point and shoot.

I think you read my mind about your photos. Thanks for the web links! I love your treatments.

I think you read my mind about your photos. Thanks for the web links! I love your treatments.

I don't know how to use Photoshop that's why I resorted to using online editors like Fotoflexer. I usually set the camera in auto but mine is no high end camera. Just a point and shoot.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More