Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Skillet Honey Chicken & Orange Stuffing


Tonight’s Goode & Gooseberry Project Recipe is Skillet Honey Chicken.


I was so excited to find this recipe in Mom’s Favorite Recipes because I just finished working on a project about a local honey farm and this was the perfect excuse to pack up the fam and head over to Hunter’s Honey Farm to get some fresh honey!

We had such a GOODe time checking out all their honey GOODies! 


They even had an indoor observation hive to check out all the bee action!


Reminds me of the hive my Biology teacher, Mr. Anderson, had in our classroom…


While there we picked up some clover honey, orange blossom honey, bee pollen, raspberry gourmet spun honey, honey almond soap and some honey stix… and Puddie then bought some honey baklava and honey ice cream before we got out of there!


And lookie what I found there! Some of Butterflies, Gourds and More's painted masterpieces!!!


After we got our GOODeS, we headed home and passed some busy bee hives on the way…


It is a farm after all, and farms never stop workin’… just sayin’


Once I got home, I got down to BEESness cooking up some Skillet Honey Chicken ;)


So I grabbed a couple tablespoons of butter...


And added a couple tablespoons of orange blossom honey


I then jazzed it up a bit with a little orange zest.


I heart zesting up citrus... it packs such a punch!


Then I cut some chicken breasts to half their thickness, threw them in and browned both sides.


And put a lid on it until they were cooked through.


I reduced the heat to low and then added 1/2 cup orange juice.


And cooked down the liquid until it became a sauce.


Yum!




Now this delicious little dish got me on a creative kick, so I added orange zest to my steamed green beans and knocked my stuffing up a notch by orangin' it up a bit...


I just took a regular stuffing mix and substituted 1/2 cup orange juice 



and 1 cup chicken broth


and some more orange zest ;)



Yum, yum, yum!!!

Linked to:

  • Tempt My Tummy Tuesday





  • Tuesdays at the Table





  • It's a Blog Party






  • Photobucket

    11 GOODe Thoughts:

    Sounds really simple and easy.

    Looks really yummy. And I need to make a confession: I am ADDICTED to Simply Orange. But the pineapple-orange is my crutch. :)

    That looks so EASY! That's this momma's kind of recipe! And orange is great with turkey, too, so I may have to give this a try SOON!

    This does look really easy and really yummy. I'm not a huge honey fan, but Big Sissy entered a baking contest today where honey was the theme so she made Honey Glazed Honey Oat Drops and we made a pork chop marinade earlier this week with honey. Guess we will have to add this to our list to try since we still have some honey in the pantry.

    Don't eat much chicken but that recipe makes it look good I will try it got my chicken thawing
    Thanks for the picture of my gourds
    I appreciate the plug

    I love this cookbook, but this is one recipe I haven't tried. Looks like a winner!

    This is a fabulous book and the chicken looks devine!! I am a HUGE GBP fan and I also really like your sweet blog. Count me a follower :)


    Blessings!
    Gail

    This is such an inspired idea! I love that you ran with a recipe as a theme and took your fam to the honey farm! that is awesome! also love the recepie cards! i think i am a new follower!

    I love this cookbook, but this is one recipe I haven't tried. Looks like a winner!

    This does look really easy and really yummy. I'm not a huge honey fan, but Big Sissy entered a baking contest today where honey was the theme so she made Honey Glazed Honey Oat Drops and we made a pork chop marinade earlier this week with honey. Guess we will have to add this to our list to try since we still have some honey in the pantry.

    This is a fabulous book and the chicken looks devine!! I am a HUGE GBP fan and I also really like your sweet blog. Count me a follower :)


    Blessings!
    Gail

    Post a Comment

    Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More