Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Sweet Mini Apple Dumplings



Tonight's Goode & Gooseberry Project Recipe is Sweet Mini Apple Dumplings or Fall on a plate if you ask me ;)

This is a breakfast/dessert treat that is a perfect use of those apple orchard apples and makes your kitchen smell amazin'!


You start out with two cans of crescent rolls


You take each roll and cut 'er it in half.


It doesn't have to be precise... no worries ;)


Then grab four apples...


And peel 'em with my coolest-new-fun cooking gadget: a Copco peeler with swivel blade...swoon!


How have I missed this company? They have the niftiest gadgets... and perhaps I have been peeling with a dull peeler all these years, but this dude peeled up these apples super quick.


I then cored and sliced 'em up.


Then you wrap each slice in one of you cut roll pieces... like little pigs in a blanket--only with apples-- hot dogs would be weird in this dish...just sayin'


Now set 'em aside while you cook up a lovely mixture.


Melt a stick of butter in a small sauce pan


Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar


Boil and stir until the sugar melts


Pour the mixture over top your dumplings


Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes


Yummy!



Photobucket

6 GOODe Thoughts:

So I have a question for you oh guru of the kitchen. If I peeled and cored my apples in sugar and cinnamon, could I freeze them just like that? Saw it on TV today while the were making frozen pies. It would be the apples without the pie crust. Just wonderin'?????

You will probably want to use something to preserve color like Fresh Fruit. Here is a site with some tips:

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf36698999.tip.html

Sorry it is Fruit Fresh, not Fresh Fruit

YUM! Those sound absolutely delicious. I wonder if the smaller size would keep me from eating too much dessert...I doubt it.

This recipe is one of our favorites from the book...so easy and delicious! Loving these posts, Cris. So much fun to see the recipes come to life. :)

Sorry it is Fruit Fresh, not Fresh Fruit

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More