Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Not So Goode Things


Tonight is pet peeve night. Why? Oscar and I are grouchy.  And, I am giving myself permission to be grouchy because I know the next several days are going to be so full of joy-- I just need to get this out of my system.

Pet Peeve #1: Aggressive drivers.
Newsflash--you have no more of a right to get somewhere than the rest of us. I don't care if your Mac truck is bigger or your sports car is faster or your smart car is... um smarter? --Get off my butt, out of my lane and wait your turn.

Pet Peeve #2: Target-get rid of your lousy ads.
I have always loved Target's branding. And while I am sure the blond chick has tons of fans-- WHY sacrifice such a quality image for such a cheap laugh. Boo!

Pet Peeve #3: Too much to do with too little time.
Whether it be at work or at home-what gives?!? I know I only have 24hrs a day, yet somehow I think I am superwoman and can cram like 28 hrs of responsibility into it and totally guilt myself when I don't measure up to my unrealistic expectations.

Pet Peeve #4: Mommy/ Fellow Woman Judgment:
While I have not felt this personally recently, I have witnessed a lot of it recently. Seriously-- if you got it all figured out, I am happy for you--but please keep it to yourself.  I am too exhausted and so are the poor women you are targeting (see #3).

Pet Peeve #5: Having to wash/clean dishwashers and washers.
Why on earth-- in this day in age --do we have to clean our washing machines and dishwashers when ovens (who have no mainstream cleaning responsibilities mind you) have been self-cleaning for decades? Seriously. What gives?

Pet Peeve  Humorous Annoyance #6: Bacon ice cream and my husband's obsession with making it.
There is a time and place for bacon --usually next to some eggs (over-easy please;) ) and a nice stack. And, while watching my husband fret for hours over why his ill conceived bacon ice cream (thank you Food Network--really) would not set up--no matter how hard he tried-- was kind of funny... the resulting chunky, milky goo was too much.

Pet Peeve #7:  Laundry and its need to be folded.
So needy. So annoying.

Pet Peeve #8: Big's habit of chewing up everything.
He is such a good puppy. Light of Addie's eye--(that is until he gets his chops on Gilbert one of these days--another story, another day). However, I am amazed at what that dog can find and let alone chew into a million pieces. My real issue is with the million pieces... and my having to pick up 999,999 of them. (I always miss at least one.)

Pet Peeve #9:  Yummy sweets and their anti-skinny jeans agenda
How can something that tastes so good have such bad, evil intentions?

Pet Peeve #10 Fan Remotes
They are really more trouble than they are worth. I spend wayyyy more time hunting for the remote than I do the light switch. Convenience? I don't think so.

Feel free to add to my list. Oscar and I don't mind...

4 GOODe Thoughts:

I missed you today! I needed a good Cris morning.

Lol! Missed you too. And those pics you were gonna bring me ;)

I tell ya-- these past few weeks have zapped me! I am ready for some Turkey and Two Year old Time :)

I couldnt help but laugh at some of the things you pointed out here because I can relate to each and every one of them,except for the bacon ice cream :) I really love how you write :)

Thanks! And it is to your credit you can't relate to the bacon ice cream ;)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More