Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Goode Goodness: Best. Chicken. Ever.

I am on a cooking kick and therefore a food bloggin' kick this weekend. So, I finally documented my very favorite chicken recipe EVER. 




Bottle o' Beer Chicken Thighs from one of my favorite Weber cookbooks.



FYI-Weber status: LOVE the cookbooks, hate the restaurant and never owned the grill.





Now, ya might notice that their picture looks a tad different than mine...Why you might ask???
 
Let's do a multiple choice:
 
A.) I wasn't available to make the recipe for them so their chef had to fill in for me.
B.) I used skinless-boneless thighs, while they used regular thighs with the skin on
C.) Their professional photographer was delayed at the airport and could not make the photo shoot for this blog.
D.) All the above
 
You know the routine here.  I don't give answers... you will just have to live in suspense.  Harsh, I know.
 
So, ya start with a can of beer. I know it says bottle.  But Puddie drinks cans--so I go with what I got.
 
 

 
HOLD IT-- now, I know there are some tea-totalers out there.  I am pretty much one myself... if you don't count the occasional glass of red wine. 
 
Fact is I hate beer.  It smells nasty-- however-- it is heavenly to cook with. So go with me here. Pour a can of beer into a mixing bowl.
 


Then you take a hand full of green onions and chop them up.




Toss the onions in the bowl with the beer.




Now ya got some happy onions ;)

Add some Kosher Salt.  I heart Kosher Salt. If you don't gots you some--get some... If for no other reason than it makes you look super cool when you sprinkle it on ;)




Then add some minced garlic



And then a couple splashes Worcestershire shherrecherer sauce.... who the HECK can say that word anyhow.  Bad marketing if ask me.  From now on I ordain it "Shire Sauce".




And then a splash of hot sauce




Note for the "heat weak" like myself: Don't accidentally add too much hot sauce trying to get the perfect camera shot.  It ain't worth it...




Then add about 1/4 cup of mustard.  You pick the flavor... it's all good.

Then grab your chicken.



 
I choose to use Boneless Skinless Thighs. They are heavenly and much lower in fat than their skin-on counterparts.  You can use breasts if you like--but watch them closely on the grill or they will dry out fast.
 
So dunk your birds in your special elixir.
 


 
and wait. Weber says 8 hrs I think.  I wait 20-30 minutes...lol.
 
Then pop 'em on the grill.
 


Note: Weber can teach you all about direct and indirect heat. 

Me, not so much. I like mine crispy, so hot is typically my "method"




Please excuse my pitiful grill.  It gets the job done though ;)

I grill the chicken about 15 minutes on each side--paying special attention to the hot spots on my grill and the size of the thighs.

This chicken KICKS BUTT. Seriously.




No kiddin'. I'd rather have it than any other chicken.




Yummo! ;)


Stay tuned for more food bloggin'.  I hope to record many of our family's favorite holiday dishes next week and share in the coming weeks.
 
And, a big shout out to Brooke and my other loyal readers who have been inspired to dust off their cookbooks and join me in the kitchen :)

Grill on Foodista

7 GOODe Thoughts:

BTW-- the recipe does call for 2 T Oilive Oil too. But in my camera shoot frenzy-- I totally forgot. But good news is, I didn't miss it.

Note from Goode Ole Boy here...

You know it must be good if I sacrificed a beer for it!!!!

Like they said, sacrificing your happiness for the happiness of the one you love, is by far, the truest type of love...and it makes for one awesome barbeque too :)I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

I am going to try this chicken recipe. I love the simplicity of it all. My favorite meat is chicken and I love to grill it.

Hello! I found this blog in Foodista and followed it here. This is a lovely blog and awesome Bottle o' Beer Chicken Thighs recipe. My husband will love this! He loves to eat any food that's soaked in beer first. Thanks for sharing this one. By the way you can place more Foodista widget in your past and future blogs so that other Foodista readers can follow and see your blog too. Just search for a related recipe or food in Foodista and use its widget. I hope to read more from you. Cheers!

Like they said, sacrificing your happiness for the happiness of the one you love, is by far, the truest type of love...and it makes for one awesome barbeque too :)I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

wooster-shire... not that hard to pronounce.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More