Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Goode Memories: The Christmas Cannonball

I have been tearing this house a part for this:




Years of waiting and I FINALLY have access to a record player and now I can't find the flippin' record.  I found several of my Christmas records... but not this one that includes the one totally absurd Christmas song that I remember from my childhood.: Hank Snow's The Christmas Cannonball.




This song-- for whatever reason-- is wrapped right up in my childhood memories with Rudolph claymation and spray-can snow. 




I remember my mom pulling out the Christmas records every year right before we started decorating for Christmas.  We would dance and sing along while we decorated the house with all of the familiar decorations and dolly up our old Christmas tree that mom got for a quarter at a yard sale.




While that tree and many of the other Christmas decorations have long been retired, I have always wanted to continue our Christmas record tradition. 




I never did find the record, BUT I did find the album online.  I am currently listening to Reindeer Boogie :)

Pardon me while I take a stroll down memory lane... Childhood's callin'.




Here is mom with me on the left and with Lou on the right.




Sure, she looks cute... but she bites.




First Christmas with Dad



and here with Mom




Christmas with Grandma Knight




First Christmas with Puddie-- what on earth is wrong with my face!?!?




I didn't have an old Christmas picture with Grandma Benefiel on this computer, but had one of her and Dad--go figure :)

Oh but wait-- here is one with Addie and her Great Grandma on her first Christmas:




BTW-Tomorrow is Christmas Decorating night...WOOO HOOO!! Stay tuned...

I kid you not... The Christmas Cannonball JUST started playing... gotta go!

"Oh the Christmas Cannonball, the Christmas Cannonball..."

3 GOODe Thoughts:

Isn't it amazing how a simple song can take us back in time? I love listening to the old Christmas songs. I've got a CD made from some old tapes we had of Chrismtas music. One of my favorites is a silly, irish sounding "I Just Go Nuts at Christmas". The song is hilarous and I can remember my dad singing along in his fake irish accent...We're putting our tree up this coming weekend. Enjoy!

Yay for Christmas decorating before Thanksgiving and awesome Christmas memories old and new!

Isn't it amazing how a simple song can take us back in time? I love listening to the old Christmas songs. I've got a CD made from some old tapes we had of Chrismtas music. One of my favorites is a silly, irish sounding "I Just Go Nuts at Christmas". The song is hilarous and I can remember my dad singing along in his fake irish accent...We're putting our tree up this coming weekend. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More