Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

It's a Goode Life: Beautiful People





The other night we went out with some friends to catch up. As you know, I am kindda a fan of photography.  I heart my Nikon.  There are few things more thrilling for me than capturing an awesome shot and then editing the heck out of it:)

Oh I know there are folks who are very proud of shots SOC or Straight Out of Camera--I am proud of those folks too... I am actually in awe of them.  Me--I am just thrilled if I got something good to work with.

I take shots for home and work a lot.  And, on occasion--often times when I least expect it, I am struck.




I am struck at the amazing, absolute beauty of people. Not any one person for any particular reason. Sure there are some folks who are uber-photogenic, but that is not what I am talking about. 

I am talking about being taken aback by their people-ness (yes I like to make up words-- I am in communications, it is ok.) and appreciating the sheer beauty of their image.

I once heard photographer Rick Sammon speak (he is a Cannon guy, but I'll forgive him;) and I didn't "get" it yet.  I didn't get how you could get so wrapped up in your images.



In their beauty. In their detail.




Just for a moment, the image takes me to a place where I just appreciate the beauty of the person.



In all their uniqueness.  In all of the detail God took the time to put in them.



I may not even know them very well.  But I am still struck.



I know what strikes me ( a lot of striking and struck-in' going on tonight...lol) doesn't always effect others... but never-the-less it always leads me to think...



If I am touched by these images that I created...



Then how much more my God is struck by the people he created for me to enjoy as subjects:)
(Ya know it is all about me...lol)



As a fellow creative, I now get it. And in some awesome way, images like these always draw me in to my ultimate Creative.



And no--this little cutie is not ours... and someone please remove that gorgeous child from Puddie's arms before he gets any ideas. ;)


0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More