Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Goode Things: Childhood in a Suitcase



It's here! This may just look like a little suitcase from the 1970s to you. And while that avocado green is definitely a tell-tell sign, this little dude is much more to me.

Shall we open'er up?



Ohhh what will we find?



Apparently an angry carrot...lol!



A suitcase full of my childhood story books.  And from the looks of things, I was a pretty eclectic kid...lol!



My mom told me that Kitty's New Doll was one she had found.  I had now idea what she was talking about until I saw it in person.  And it flooded me with such familiarity.



I am in awe of all the interesting illustrations.  Here is a 1970's rendition of Tom Thumb I believe--called Hop-o-my-Thumb. Tom Thumb is one of Addie's favorite stories right now, so this really caught my eye.



All these books and their pictures are like warm, fuzzy memories.



Ok, this one is purely for Puddie.  It will make him giggle.



Bible stories!  I just loved them as a kid and Add does too.  This little book is such a treasure.



Now, what kid didn't love pop up books? I can't believe this one is fully in tact.



Add will LOVE this one.  It has a HORSEY!!!



And look, this one was from Richard and Betty Jo :)



Which only reminds me that I really want to build up Addie's library this Christmas.  That kid has adored books since she could grip them in her hand. 

Any suggestions out there? What were your favorite childhood books? What are your kids' favorites?

Oh yeah, and an update for those following my fairytale storybook saga on Facebook, we still haven't found it :(. I don't know why no one can't just read my mind and help me find it...lol! I am in search of a gray cover fairytale book of the classics (Red Riding Hood, Hansel and Gretel, etc.) and beautiful old illustrations. I mean HOW many books out there fit that description...lol!

Maybe I should hire a sketch artist:



WANTED


0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More