Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's a Goode Life: Photoshop and the Art of People Building

I often say I am an average photographer, but pretty good at photoshop :) I really love to take pictures.  But I LUUUVVVVV to edit them.  I love the creativity.

I love the possibility of turning something good



into something great




Or take something that is almost there




to the next level just with a little cropping and a few tricks




I love taking something simple




to simply adorable




or  a great moment that is a little out of focus




and make it a little better



Or take another look at a scrapped photo




and find something I didn't see at first




I could seriously edit photos day and night.  I love it so much.  It is so interesting to me how you can always find something that you didn't know was there. 

I think it is kind of like people... There is always a lot more to folks than first appears.  Always something there that could be complimented or recognized by the right eye. Always something more of value that could be brought to light.

I have been thinking a lot lately about confidence and the differences between the effects of those who choose to build others up and those who choose to tear people down. 

I, like most people, have had my share of both kinds of people in my life. I was thinking how it is strange how both effect me.  It is amazing how high you can fly when someone believes in you.  It is also so terribly hard to climb out of a hole when someone doesn't.

It is invigorating when someone tells you they have faith in you, but the memories need fed or it fades so quickly.  It stings when someone makes fun of you or doubts you and somehow those feelings stay with you like a stain.

Someone who builds you up gives you permission to be you.  Your talents, your wisdom, your ability to admit what you DON'T know and your faults are all valuable. They encourage you to seek others expertise where you are weak -- as a sign of strength. All while embracing confidence and recognition of your own brilliance.

Someone who tears you down watches you until you can't be everything to everybody and know everything and then they pounce. They ignore your talents and exploit your faults--prey on your weaknesses and magnify your insecurities.

Both types of people have impacted my life.

It is sad, but even if I don't believe another word a person says, when they aim that negative "loaded gun" at me it sometimes sticks with me and I don't know why.  Some days more than others. Usually when I am down.  Like an audio tape in my head that I have to press "STOP" on before it completely tears me down.

But, on the other hand--it is so inspiring to me how many people choose to take the positive route and how I am who I am today because of it.  They give me hope. They encourage me to dream. They catch me off guard by their immense faith in my abilities and inspire me to stretch and grow. From my parents to my husband to my friends-- I only hope I embrace others the way you have me. 

I hope I daily build others up and give them wings to fly the way I have been so fortunate to receive. 

I am so thankful I don't have to settle for listening to lousy pretend mix tapes in my head...lol

Here's to taking the beautiful




 and believing it can be something more






2 GOODe Thoughts:

I am in AWE of your Photoshop prowess. I really need to sit down and just start playing with Photoshop again...maybe do some tutorials. Everytime I try to start editing, I get frustrated! Then I look at your blog and get inspired again! Thanks.

I am in AWE of your Photoshop prowess. I really need to sit down and just start playing with Photoshop again...maybe do some tutorials. Everytime I try to start editing, I get frustrated! Then I look at your blog and get inspired again! Thanks.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More