Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Cris' Queso Dip


In my humble little ole opinion, there are few things more enjoyable (food-wise) than a big ole crock of Queso dip.

It is so easy to make, there is absolutely no excuse not to for your next gatherin' of the hungry masses.

Truth be told, I whipped up a batch for my FREEZE-O-RAMA girls just the other day.

Forget gathering around the water cooler... who needs water when you can have liquid cheesy GOODeNESS???  And, folks gather up right nice next to a big ole crock of this stuff...just sayin'


Just brown up 1lb of sausage in a skillet or a MicroCooker... 

What's that? You don't have one? Well... you are missin' out dear reader... lucky for you, you can enter to win right here.

Now I did it up the old fashion way since my MicroCooker was packed up to go to FREEZE-O-RAMA that day.


Once the sausage was done I drained it and threw it into a crock that fits my crock pot.


Then I cubed up a block of Velveeta and threw that in.


Then I poured in a jar of my FAVORITE salsa... ChiChi's... medium please, thanks!

Now the beauty of using the removable crock is that I can give this puppy a head start in the microwave. I nuked it for 3 minutes, stirred and then another 3 minutes before letting it melt the rest of the way on low in the crock pot.


Yum!

Enjoy!


Tools Used In This Recipe:
Pampered Chef Mix 'N Chop
8 inch Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel Skillet
7 inch Calphalon Santoku  Knife
Paula Deen 15 x15 End Grain Chopping Board
6 Qt. Rival Crock Pot Stoneware Slow Cooker


Hunk of Meat Mondays

Photobucket

4 GOODe Thoughts:

This is the first time that I've seen this dip made with sausage. My sweetheart loves sausage and I think this would be a big hit with him. Maybe I'll have to mix up a batch on family game night :)
By the way... I just saw the post about Add and her new adventure.
I think I would be a nervous mama too :)
Stay safe and have a great weekend!!

I almost made this for supper last night (it does count as a supper, right?)

I saw your title, and thought, "Oh no, it's a Cris recipe. She probably chopped all her own vegetables.) I was so relieved to see the salsa and Velveeta! Yay for easy recipes!

Love this also! I throw I can of cream of mushroom soup in on occasion too. Who knows why besides I don't think the velveeta is quite processed enough so I might as well go for some canned creamy goodeness!

Love this also! I throw I can of cream of mushroom soup in on occasion too. Who knows why besides I don't think the velveeta is quite processed enough so I might as well go for some canned creamy goodeness!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More