Facebook is doing something fun these days... the 30 things about you meme that you then tag others and learn a little about everyone.
Recently one of my friends tagged me so I had this idea to combine this "game" with a recent idea I saw on Diaper Diaries of the top ten things you "don't do". So, I'm gonna do my 30 here and then tag on a facebook note.
So bear with me as I mix things up a bit.
1. I like Diet Coke too much. Seriously. Going to try kickin' it again soon... you can doubt me... it's ok... I doubt me too.
2. I really enjoy having cats again. Truth be told, I enjoy it more than I thought I would.
3. I don't follow the "rules" for the sake of following rules without questioning... just sayin'. I do ultimately respect authority, however, I enjoy (and gravitate towards) environments that welcome creativity, questions and flexibility. Bottom line is that I have a brain and I intend on usin' it like the good Lord intended...just sayin'
4. I heart my date nights with Puddie and going to the theater on a regular basis with my best friend. We just heart GOODe movies!
5. I am in love with my new Cuisinart cookware. The sear-ability... ahhh be still my heart!
6. I don't buy organic, all natural, hormone free, grass fed (or insert other buzz word here) and I don't feel guilty about it. However, I'm all for everyone having the choice to do so. Growing up on a farm and working everyday with farmers, I do get frustrated with all the misconceptions regarding food that primarily boil down to niche markets, fancy marketing, book sales and fear tactics though.
Call me crazy, but I buy food based on taste and price. I personally feel we all should be able to buy our food, be it traditional or organic, and eat it too.
7. I am sooo excited for the holidays this year. We have decided to put our tree up this weekend. She is 3 only once after-all.
8. I really like 80's hair bands, jazz, classic rock and old school country. However, if you check my Zune, you will see the same 4-5 artists make up the majority of my plays... creature of habit I guess.
9. I am on a mission to learn how to bake amazing bread.
10. I love to watch my daughter play with playdoh. It is one of the joys of this world.
11. I don't stress out over dinner. I don't make my family sit down at a table to have dinner and I don't make Miss Add eat all her green beans. We usually eat together (when work schedules allow) in the living room and most nights end in Miss Add asking for a peanut butter sandwich. The ped says not to worry, so I don't. She says to let her eat what she wants and give her a daily vitamin. So, that's what I do. During growth spurts she eats a lot of family dinners, but during down times, she primarily eats peanut butter.
12. I don't keep a tidy home. We can pretend that it is because I am the busy mother of a 3 year old if that makes anyone feel better...
13. I tear up every time I watch A Snoodle's Tale.
14. I am one of the crazy nuts that participates in Black Friday Shopping.
15. I STILL think Target has lost it's mind with its awful holiday ads. Horrible. Lose the blond chick.
16. I really enjoy cooking. I like to cook alone. I like to cook with Miss Add. I like to cook with Puddie. I like to cook with my bloggy buds. And... shocker... I like to cook with my camera ;)
17. I don't chase friendships... This one came with age. I am blessed to have uber-amazing people in my life and it is ok if someone doesn't have time/interest to invest... I'll take quality over quantity any day...just sayin'
18. I don't shop the grocery flyers. I wish I could figure it out in some way that seems like time efficient manner.
19. I have a kitchen gadget addiction... I may need an intervention. Just. Not. Yet.
20. I'm feeling God tug on my heart and I think I am finally ready to listen. Stupid human that I am.
21. I need to work on this year's project, like soon. Blurb says I have until December 12th. How many pages do I have done... um.. ZERO.
22. I don't print off photos. I print a book a year and occasionally a photo for my photo wall--but that is it.
23. I don't have professional photos taken--with the exception of one VERY expensive family photo set from our church directory shoot. Geez Louise! For those prices I could buy a new camera AND a lens!
24. Politics--regardless of whether or not you capitalize of the "p"-- aren't my thing. (see #3)
25. I don't do skinny jeans. I don't aspire to. You are welcome.
26. If you're gonna make fun of someone--please go sit by someone else. I'll still love ya, but it makes me feel uncomfortable and it makes me wonder what you say behind my back...just sayin'
27. People always assume I can sing because Puddie is an amazing guitar player and singer. Truth be told, I can't sing a lick.Although sometimes some music just moves me and my "can't hold a tune in a bucket" voice. I do this in private. Again, you are welcome.
28. I am a total night owl. I like it. Except in the morning. Then not so much. My daughter is also a total night owl. I'm ok with that...sometimes. Except in the morning. Then not so much.
29. I really enjoy reading to Miss Add. This wasn't always the case, but these days are super fun. We like big picture books with words...just not too many... and we are always looking for new additions to the library... suggestions?
30. I don't freak out over grammar... shocker right? As a writer, I totally think we all should put our best foot forward, however, I am way more into content than grammar (I figure that is what editors are for ;)). I hear folks say they fear the grammar police when posting on facebook or commenting because people will make fun of their grammar or criticize it. I figure I screw up--professional writer that I am-- at least once a day... so, go ahead and comment--your typos are safe with me... just sayin'
Whew! That took A LOT longer than I thought it would.