Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Simple Citrus Coffee Cake

 Nov. 7: (I missed yesterday) I am thankful that when Miss Add told me that she had 2 Gilberts that she was just make believin' and hadn't really found Mommy out...or was she just trying to tell me that she is cool with the idea???

Nov. 8: I am thankful for date nights.


Today's Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project Recipe is Simple Citrus Coffee Cake.



Because I just love gadgets, I picked up this super cool whisk-sh scraper thingie and just had to use it.


Never mind that I have a very lovely Kitchen Aid Mixer... I wanted to use my new super cool whisk-sh scraper thingie...



Anyhoo, I took a white cake mix


And 2 1/2 teaspoons of yeast (or 1 pkt for you non-bulk folks)


Tossed in 2 eggs and 1/2 cup of water


and 1/4 (or looks like I accidentally used 1/3...oops!) of OJ...


Whisk, mix, scrape. Whisk, mix, scrape. Whisk, mix, scrape. 

Lovin' the super cool whisk-sh scraper thingie


Pour half into a SPRAYED Bunt pan (turns out it is very important to spray it real GOODe... just sayin')


Now mix up 1/2 cup of flour


With 1 Cup Brown Sugar


1 T Cinnamon


And 1/4 Cup of Softened... err Melted Butter and mix'er up real GOODe.

Then sprinkle on top (and forget to take a picture) and then add the second half of your batter.


Now pop in a 350 degree oven for 30- 40 minutes


Then flip


And there you have it... 

Bundt fail.

"Oh, no!"

"What's wrong?"

"Puddie... I broke my bundt!"

"Huh?"

"My bundt... my bundt! Ya know, like on My Big Fat Greek Wedding... my bundt cake!"

"Oh... well put some icing on it and no one will know the difference..." (Surprised he didn't suggest Windex...lol!)


"Nope... I don't think it helped... Think I should get some flowers for it like in the movie?"

*shrug*


Then I realized I didn't have any of said flowers... so I improvised... I just cut 'er up before the meeting.

I've told you before that Martha doesn't live here ;)

That reminds me, I really should rent that movie sometime soon... I totally heart it!



Enjoy and GOODe Luck!



  • Tempt My Tummy Tuesday





  • Tuesdays at the Table





  • It's a Blog Party





  • Tasty Tuesdays





  • Works For Me Wednesday




  • Photobucket

    5 GOODe Thoughts:

    Orange and coffee.....PERFECTION

    xoxo
    bB

    Try "My Life in Ruins" with the same actress whose name I will NOT attempt to spell! It's great and so was your cake! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    This looks great! I need to get a bundt pan so I can try it! LOL on the movie reference : )

    Yes, every single time I hear the word 'bundt,' I think of that movie!! LOL I'm looking forward to making this recipe for two main reasons: 1. I LOVE citrus and 2. I like baking things in my bundt pan! Thanks.

    I like to try new recipes!! I am blog hopping today and found your blog...hope you will stop by, say hello, and follow either or both of my blogs. Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com and So Stylilized is where I am currently offering free custom blog designs http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

    Post a Comment

    Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More