Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Goode & Gooseberry Project: Layered Cheesy Pasta Bake


Today's Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project Recipe is Layered Cheesy Pasta Bake.



This makes a HUGE batch of this ooey gooey cheesy yumminess...just sayin. 

Next time I will either make this into three batches and freeze two or at least cut the recipe in half... Truth be told, right now I have Layered Cheesy Pasta Bake running out my ears!

However, if you have a massive amount of mouths to feed at any given time, this might be a GOODe meal to throw together. It was easy peasy.


Start by boiling up a box of macaroni. I heart Ronzoni Smart Taste. Love that it has lots of fiber, yet tastes like white pasta vs. wheat pasta.


I cooked the box up in two batches in my micro-cooker aka my new best friend.


Meanwhile I took the opportunity to cook up a bunch of my Seasoned Ground Beef (1 Onion, 2 Cloves Garlic to every pound of extra lean ground beef) and then pulled out 1 1/2 lbs for this recipe and froze up the rest. 


I then added a jar of my canned tomatoes (you can use a 14 oz can of stewed tomatoes if you'd like)


2 cans of drained mushrooms


And one jar of spaghetti sauce (14-16 oz)


Simmer it up for about 15 minutes


Now since I love, love, LOVE the fact that I can pop my new stainless steel pots and pans in the oven, I decided to bake this casserole up in my already used skillet. I poured the meat sauce into a mixing bowl and got down to layering business... half of the macaroni first.


Then half of the sauce


Then 1 Cup Sour Cream... oh how I love to dollup me some daisy ;)


Now 2 Cups Monterey Jack... say CHEESE!


Now repeat... and I do mean everything...


Now bake covered at 350 for 45 minutes


Oh. My. GOOEYness.


We gobbled this up with those yummy Parm Bread Sticks the other night.


Tools Used in This Recipe:
Gooseberry Patch's Mom's Favorite Recipes Cookbook
Pampered Chef Large Micro-Cooker
Cuisinart MultiClad Pro 5 1/2 Quart Saute Pan
Bamboo Spoon
Pyrex 2 1/2 Quart and 2 Quart Mixing Bowls
Chef'n Switchit All Purpose Scraper


Hunk of Meat Mondays


Photobucket

5 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks tasty! I'd bet two hungry big boys and a Dad could make a dent in that recipe :)
Love the addition of the sour cream. Boy.... I sure love seeing you use those gorgeous tomatoes that you canned. I really missed that this year!
Hope you all have a great weekend, and do something fun.
Thanks for all your sweet wishes and kind words .... you are a sweetie pie:)

LOVE how this looks! Thanks for all the work you are doing to help us create new meals for our families!

Why are you doing this to me, when I've been making an effort this week to be mindful of my carb intake! LOL Looks like a very family-friendly meal! As always, love your posts! :-)

Hi, fun recipe. First time on your blog. Nice job.

LOVE how this looks! Thanks for all the work you are doing to help us create new meals for our families!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More