Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Randomly a few Things I Heart with some Super Mommy Secrets from my Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project.

Nov. 6: I am thankful for family time. Listening to my daughter giggle with her daddy is the sweetest sound on earth.




I am struggling to decide which series fits this post... so it will just be an ultimate cross-over series post: Randomly a few Things I Heart with some Super Mommy Secrets from my Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project...whew.


Today the fam and I ventured over to Flower Factory... aka Mama's Disney World.

Seriously.

I could spend hours in that place.

Flower Factory definitely qualifies for "Things I Heart".


I just heart all their inexpensive country decor fixin's and baskets... oh the baskets! 



Their baskets are so economical and just perfect for decorating and entertaining...



I have shared many of their country decor pieces on here before, pretty much most of my decor now comes from there if I don't make it myself.


Ok, I realize that this could be considered a Christmas decoration and it is only Nov. 6.

The way I see it is that if Mother Nature can threaten snow flurries and wintry messes... then I can decorate any way I like...just sayin'

Anyhoo... While we were there today, I found this piece and absolutely loved it...


It is just perfect for all my Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks... another thing that I totally heart.

I know, I know-- you're shocked, right?

The thought that I heart/adore/ love Gooseberry Patch just caught you COMPLETELY off-guard.

Sorry.

I will wait while you pick yourself up off the floor.


Anyhoo, this cool little stand-a-ma-jig  also has these awesome little pegs for pot holders... which I mentioned yesterday that I needed to invest in ;)


Truth be told, I plan to convert this into an uber-cool spice rack once we remodel the kitchen, but for now it displays my little growing GP collection just perfectly.


***


***


Notice one of my often mentioned books missin'?


Don't worry, she doesn't leave my side... I am often seen with her in my purse so that I can find ways to work her recipes into my next meal or meeting anytime I have a spare chance.

Speaking of that, tonight I didn't cook because we spent too much time playing at Disney World... 




So, for tonight's Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project entry I thought that I would give you some of the awesome Super Mommy Secrets (tips) that are found throughout this gem of a book!


Some of my favorites are:

"Plain china glass mugs are easy to find. Create a one-of-a-kind set by adding polka dots, stripes or names with acrylic permanent paint...it's so easy and paintbrush clean up's a breeze using just water."


"Slip a favorite photo in a pint-size charm photo frame...so sweet on the front of a family cookbook album or journal."


"With no effort, a painted child's chair easily becomes a charming end table!"


"Instead of a shelf to hold bathroom towels, bring in an apple-green painted basket to do the task!"


Being the creative gal that I am, the little tips at the bottom of each page of all my GP books are one of my favorite things about them... they always get my mind a churnin' with new, fun ideas.

So, there you have it. My attempt at a cross-over series post: Randomly a few Things I Heart with some Super Mommy Secrets from my Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project... like I said-- whew.
Photobucket

3 GOODe Thoughts:

I heart those tips too! I certainly heart that ladder/stand thingy. I would love to have that.

All nice ideas! Thanks for posting them. I like your little easel for cookbooks. My poor cookbooks are hidden in the pantry and only see the light of day when I'm using them.

I heart those tips too! I certainly heart that ladder/stand thingy. I would love to have that.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More