Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Holiday Gifts Under $20: Foodie Edition


With the holidays quickly approaching--Thanksgiving is less just 2 WEEKS AWAY (EEEK!)-- I thought we'd start a new series 'round these parts: Gifts Under $20.

Tonight in true foodie style, I thought I'd start with some perfect little gifts for those foodies, at-home chefs and home cookin' experts in your circle of your family and friends.

$5.99 & Under

Pampered Chef Adjustable Measuring Spoons (Free this month with a purchase of $60)

These little spoons make measuring quick and easy... mainly because you won't be running around the kitchen sayin' "Now where did I put that dag-gum 1/8 teaspoon"... 

These adjustable babies are quick to clean and keep all your measuring spoons in one place. Dishwasher and microwave safe...two deal breakers in this house...just sayin' ;)

Known to be Available at: Pampered Chef


Anchor Hocking 4 Cup Glass Measuring Cup

A step smaller than the traditional batter bowl, this 4-Cup wonder is just the right size to mix up many toppings and icings to pour directly onto your cook's next masterpiece without dirtying up yet another bowl or having to wash the batter bowl. Dishwasher and microwave safe.

Known to be Available at: Walmart, Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond

Mini Spatula Server
The perfect little pal that is just the right size to help you get the first brownie out of the pan perfectly to the first slice of meatloaf -- a tool that no kitchen should be without! I know Pampered Chef makes one, and I believe that some other companies make similar tools.

Known to be Available at: Pampered Chef

Copco Peeler


This little buddy's swivel head makes peeling everything from taters to apples to carrots super quick. I am sure there are other quality peelers out there, this is just the one I own and love.

Known to be Available at: Walmart

$10.99 & Under
Adjustable Measuring Cup


This lovely assistant makes measuring (and dispensing) both liquids and solids--including sticky peanut butter-- a snap! Both Kitchen Art and Pampered Chef make versions of this handy-dandy-doo-dad.

Known to be Available at: Bed, Bath & Beyond and Pampered Chef

Tapered French Pin

First recommended by my pal Jen over at Mess Hall to Bistro, I just heart my French pin. It rolls out dough perfectly every time! I will never own a regular rolling pin again. Many manufacturers make French pins. Mine happens to be made by Paula Deen.

Known to be Available at: Walmart, Amazon

Pampered Chef Mix N Chop


We all know how I feel about this dude! I use him all the time. He was the kitchen tool I had been missing all these years! Perfect for cooking up ground beef, mixin' up meatloaves, smashing up taters and even making freezer jam!

Known to be Available at: Pampered Chef

Copco Scraper Whisk

Just like the name suggests, this fun little guy is perfect for whisking and for scraping or scraping while whisking or whisking while scraping ;)

Known to be Available at: Walmart

Safety Can Opener
I have talked about my love for these types of can openers in the past, I just love that they are super easy to open and leave nothing but a smooth lid once opened. These dudes make opened cans kid friendly which makes for lots of fun prep for soups and such. Several companies make them. I have one made by Farberware and one made by Good Cook--love them both.

Known to be Available at: Walmart

Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker

This baby totally transformed my prep time in the kitchen... perfect for boiling pasta to making bacon bits to making an egg sandwich in no time flat. Every cook needs a Micro-cooker... I just love this thing. It makes multi-tasking a cinch!

Known to be Available at: Pampered Chef

Chef'n Switchit Spatula

One of my new favorite tools in the kitchen! For big scraping needs like batters, I just love the flexibility of the large end and yet the small end offers a sturdiness for those stirring needs that most scrapers flop on. 

Known to be Available at: Target and Amazon

$20.99 & Under
Fun Aprons

Who said aprons had to be boring...or even floral for that matter? This "Little Black Dress" is the perfect fun way to dress up for a day in the kitchen!

Known to be Available at: Bed, Bath & Beyond

Pyrex Mixing Bowl Set with Lids
This little set has the perfect combination of sizes for any cook. The largest bowl can handle all your baking needs, while the smallest is perfect for sauces or even as a prep bowl. All come with spill-proof lids and the bowls are freezer, microwave, oven and dishwasher safe.

Known to be Available at: Target and Amazon


Wilton Meatloaf Pan


You have heard me rave about my meatloaf pans! I actually got me another one of these for Christmas last year from Aunt Lou and I just LOVE it! It makes a perfect meatloaf every time. 

Known to be Available at: Walmart and Target

Hope this little list gave you some ideas for the Foodies on your holiday shopping list!

Note: I personally own (and paid for) the recommendations on this list. As always my opinions are my own... Anyone who knows me can attest to that and knows I don't like being told what to do...just sayin' ;)

I just love sharing kitchen tools and tips! I am going to be bringing all of these fun kitchen gadgets to my big chill with 12 of my bloggin' buddies this weekend... 



Twelve girls, lots of freezer cooking, tips and tools sharin'... I am sure we might add a cup of laughter with a few tablespoons of fun. We will be blogging it up next Tuesday with a Freezer Cooking Linky right here... you can find links to all the fun and all the recipes and you can link up too! So get busy and chill baby--even just one meal-- and then link up on Tuesday to join in the fun.

I will be giving away a Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker that day... so make sure you at least stop by for all the bloggy fun!

Photobucket

4 GOODe Thoughts:

I believe I paid for the meatloaf pan...thank you very much! ;) Can't have people thinking I make you pay for your Christmas gifts from me!

I have the mini spatula from Pampered Chef and use it constantly. I have an oven liner on my wish list; saw it while browsing at Target last week!

I have the mini spatula from Pampered Chef and use it constantly. I have an oven liner on my wish list; saw it while browsing at Target last week!

I believe I paid for the meatloaf pan...thank you very much! ;) Can't have people thinking I make you pay for your Christmas gifts from me!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More