Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's a Goode Life: To be or not to be




Dear Mean People, Persons with Mean Streaks and Those Who are Occasionally Mean-

I know the bumper sticker says you suck, but I believe you can do better.

Meanness is a choice after all.

Times are tough, spirits are low, but you can make a difference.

You, dear mean persons, have the power to make someone's day or at least not ruin it.

Dictionary.com says "mean" means:
offensive, selfish, or unaccommodating; nasty; malicious: a mean remark; He gets mean when he doesn't get his way; small-minded or ignoble: mean motives.

I bring this up not to point fingers nor to state the obvious, but as a preface for a challenge to you, my dear mean persons.

I challenge you to take one day this week. Any day-- there are 7 glorious days to choose from after all.

On that day I challenge you to abstain from any mean activities. Just one day.

For that day, please refrain from the following:
  • Kicking puppies
  • Hurting someone intentionally
  • Name-calling/Talking trash
  • Putting tacks on people's chairs
  • Using "honesty" as a weapon
  • Being mean because it is a badge you wear proudly
  • Tripping children
Instead, on this one day, please try one or more of these on for size:

  • Smile at someone
  • Give someone a break
  • Help someone with something small
  • Write a thank you or thinking of you note (Be nice)
  • Do something unexpectedly nice for someone

I know you can do this. I have a feeling you are just misunderstood.

Thank you in advance for your efforts to suck less.

Sincerely,
C


Note: This note is not directed at a specific person or persons but at society as a whole. However, I do believe it IS a direct result of me reading WAYYY too much http://www.passiveagressivenotes.com/ .  


2 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More