I know the bumper sticker says you suck, but I believe you can do better.
Meanness is a choice after all.
Times are tough, spirits are low, but you can make a difference.
You, dear mean persons, have the power to make someone's day or at least not ruin it.
Dictionary.com says "mean" means:
offensive, selfish, or unaccommodating; nasty; malicious: a mean remark; He gets mean when he doesn't get his way; small-minded or ignoble: mean motives.
I bring this up not to point fingers nor to state the obvious, but as a preface for a challenge to you, my dear mean persons.
I challenge you to take one day this week. Any day-- there are 7 glorious days to choose from after all.
On that day I challenge you to abstain from any mean activities. Just one day.
For that day, please refrain from the following:
- Kicking puppies
- Hurting someone intentionally
- Name-calling/Talking trash
- Putting tacks on people's chairs
- Using "honesty" as a weapon
- Being mean because it is a badge you wear proudly
- Tripping children
- Smile at someone
- Give someone a break
- Help someone with something small
- Write a thank you or thinking of you note (Be nice)
- Do something unexpectedly nice for someone
I know you can do this. I have a feeling you are just misunderstood.
Thank you in advance for your efforts to suck less.