Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Goode Things: Shout out to the girls

Over the last few weeks something new has happened in my little world. A new little budding community of fellow bloggers--most with roots in the OC-- has emerged.

It has truly been the highlight of my days. These women are insightful, smart, real and at times funny. And, moreover they have been a source of encouragement, accountability and sanity. I enjoy sharing my life with them and even more enjoying hearing about their lives, goals, kids, hopes and dreams. They are inspiring. Let me introduce you to a few of them:

First, there is Terra over at A Life Fit for a King. Oftentimes she starts her blog off with a great quote. I am a sucker for a great quote. Terra's posts are filled with insights and real life. I find her to be very inspiring. She even is successfully pursuing a soda-free goal.*GASP* I read her no soda success with shame (which I hope will lead to action to deal with my own addiction).

Then there is Allison over at Mindful McKenna. I love reading about her Rylee. I swear our girls were separated at birth ;) They seem so similar in so many ways. Allison inspires me so much. She has taken a passion for baking and built herself a cake decorating business over the last year. You HAVE to see her cakes. She is so creative and from what I hear--her cakes are quite yummy. It is so encouraging to see someone pursue a dream.

I also enjoy reading Jamie's A Day in the Life . I am relatively new to her blog, but her Love Dare Challenge posts are such a great reminder about what is important and how little things really matter. I also really enjoy her insights --be it in her posts or her comments on the other girls' blogs ;)

There are many more out there (and there are others I read quite a bit;) ) but tonight I wanted to give a shout out to these three who have made my days just a little brighter these past few weeks.

If you have been pondering starting a blog or thinking of joining in on the commenting (some of our comments are longer than our blog posts ;) ) let me welcome you to do so. Sometimes it is difficult to put yourself out there and even more difficult to have the courage and discipline to continue to do so-- but it is rewarding how your daily struggles and triumphs can sometimes inspire another and it is equally rewarding to be inspired by another's struggle or triumph.

So here's to my ladies. Thank you for being you and keeping it real.

I heart you. :)

3 GOODe Thoughts:

Awwww...thanks Cris! I agree with you. I find such inspiration & friendship in the blogs I follow. I look forward each day to reading your blog, Allison's, Jamie's & several others I follow. It is amazing how good for the soul blogging can be!

How sweet! Thank you for the wonderful shout-out! Let me tell you, you have so inspired me to start something like this! I love reading about your life and your thoughts on everything from Playdoh to your adventures at the Children's museum! You are very clever and down right funny at times! And yes, I agree, our girls were seperated at birth I do believe:) We have yet to get them together too!

Awwww...thanks Cris! I agree with you. I find such inspiration & friendship in the blogs I follow. I look forward each day to reading your blog, Allison's, Jamie's & several others I follow. It is amazing how good for the soul blogging can be!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More