Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's a Goode Life: Kids say the darnedest things...

Miss Add is full of energy and things to say these days.

Out of no where she has given her dad, herself and me all nicknames...

She calls me Tigger... boy-- I wish I had his energy.



I have no idea why she calls me that. Perhaps it is because I talk too much.

But here is the funny thing...

she calls her Daddy...

wait for it...








Pooh.

I have an idea why... and it has nothing to do with his love for honey.

I don't know why this makes me laugh, but it does. Sometimes uncontrollably.

She runs around "Hello Tigger and Pooh"

"Hey Tigger, where is Pooh?"

"Tigger and Pooh hiiiiii!"

And then, she calls herself an elephant and follows it with "BBBBBRRRRROOOOOO"

After a google search I figured out that she must be talking about this fella:




I guess she watches this at grandma's or the sitters... because it was news to me.

I just love the way little ones come up with things.

The other night Add awakes mid-night and starts crying uncontrollably. And since I am the biological monitor static listener and it was Daddy's turn, I start shaking him and begging him to check on our little Monkey.

A groggy Daddy heads down the stairs as I roll over and listen to the next episode of the Baby Monitor Radio Show.

" DAAAADDDYYY... there is a horsie on my head"

"Oh baby, no there isn't. You are just having a bad dream"

"Bad Dream?"

"Yeah. It was a bad dream. Go back to sleep ok"

"Ok, Nite, nite Daddy"

"Nite, nite"

It wasn't until a few days and a few horsies later that we figured out what was going on.

One morning Add says:

"Mommy, will you put a horsie on my head?"

"Huh?"

"I want a horsie on my head. PPPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEE."

"OH! Do you want a ponytail on your head"

"Yeah! A horsie on my head! Yay!"

Makes perfect sense now.  Every day is an adventure.

5 GOODe Thoughts:

I LOVE that precious child!!! And I can hear her little voice saying all those things! haha Thanks for sharing! I miss you all!

Kids say some of the funniest stuff! I wish that I had written down all the funny things that Liv has said over the years. I could write a great book with them. But, at the time, I thought I'd never forget them...now, looking back, many have faded forever. She's still a riot, but those toddling years are the funniest! Enjoy her, Tigger!

We miss you too Lou.

It is amazing how soon we forget. I am glad I am doing the blog now. Hopefully I will record all the things my brain doesn't remember. :)

We miss you too Lou.

It is amazing how soon we forget. I am glad I am doing the blog now. Hopefully I will record all the things my brain doesn't remember. :)

Kids say some of the funniest stuff! I wish that I had written down all the funny things that Liv has said over the years. I could write a great book with them. But, at the time, I thought I'd never forget them...now, looking back, many have faded forever. She's still a riot, but those toddling years are the funniest! Enjoy her, Tigger!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More