Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's a GOODe Life: If You Fail To Plan...

The old adage goes... "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."


I have also heard it said that "We over estimate what we can do in a day and under estimate what we can do in a month."


As a professional facilitator and strategic planner I have seen both of these wise old sayings ring true in business time after time... but today I gots to thinkin' that maybe I ought to be doin' this for my family and home as well. 

So, just for fun, each morning I am going to start making a list of 10 things I would like to accomplish each day... and work on my monthly goals. I am not sure where this is going, but I can tell you I'll be further along with a daily/monthly plan than without one ;)

Oh! Maybe my family needs a strategic plan... hmmm

Did you hear that? 

That is Puddie sprinting for his life...running from the flip charts and smell of scented markers ;P 

Ahhh-- Poor Puddie ;) Life is hard for the hubby of a facilitator...

Anyhoo... In the meantime, I'll start small (which is RARE for me, right Puddie?!) with a simple list of 10 things--no matter how mundane-- I want to accomplish today.

1. Fold the blasted laundry.

2. Tidy up the living room--or play room as Add calls it. I think she has a more accurate name for it.

3. Finish setting up my bedroom study.

4. Pick radishes at Aunt Mary's & Uncle Tom's

5. Go over Miss Add's reading flash cards with her.

6. Finish a project for a client.

7.Give El the time of day (45 minutes) and do an ab workout too : /

8. Make Grilled Shrimp Tacos for dinner.

9. Read my bible.

10. Finish Daddy's Father's Day Gift :)

Whew... I'm tired already!

How about you? 

Are you a planner by nature or a fly by the seat of your pants kind of gal/guy? 

What works for you?



Photobucket

10 GOODe Thoughts:

This is fantastic! I need to be a better planner. I'm going to make a list RIGHT NOW!

Thanks for this!

I am so good at overestimating what I can accomplish in a day, that I end up getting very discouraged and shutting down. Almost daily.

This post is brilliant! I like the 10 things list. And the monthly goals. I hope you keep us up to speed on how this goes for you!

This comment has been removed by the author.

Hey, I'm a planner and a list maker! And what's really amazing is that once in a great while I actually manage to accomplish what's on the list. Oh well. I think it's still good to have goals, even if they're not accomplished and slide into tomorrow's goals. :-)

So how much got done?

I heart lists and organizational things of all kinds. They're like crack to me.

I'm anxious to hear how this goes. I love making me lists and crossing things off once they are accomplished, but I have never thought about doing one like this just for the fun of it per say. Mine are usually in conjunction with getting ready for something, packing for something, or work events. Good luck!!

Well ladies... I got half of them done and a couple of them almost done. Bottom line is I got a lot more done than I would of without the list-- so I am calling it a win. :)

I'm anxious to hear how this goes. I love making me lists and crossing things off once they are accomplished, but I have never thought about doing one like this just for the fun of it per say. Mine are usually in conjunction with getting ready for something, packing for something, or work events. Good luck!!

So how much got done?

I heart lists and organizational things of all kinds. They're like crack to me.

I am so good at overestimating what I can accomplish in a day, that I end up getting very discouraged and shutting down. Almost daily.

This post is brilliant! I like the 10 things list. And the monthly goals. I hope you keep us up to speed on how this goes for you!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More