Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

GOODe Project: Freezer Paper Shirts


Did you get the memo that Freezer Paper is the latest, greatest crafty tool?


I don't know how I missed it... it is right there on the box...

Now my gal pal Leah at Beyer Beware prefers her freezer paper wrapped tightly around her T- Bone Steaks. I have to admit, this FREEZE-O-RAMA mama would love to have her freezer full of all that home grown meat as well. However, when I was over at On the Banks of Squaw Creek and saw Katie's freezer paper craftiness I was intrigued... and after trying things, I am uber impressed.


The deal is that you can cut stencils out of freezer paper and iron it a shirt. You can then paint in your design and when your paint is dry, you can remove the stencil and there ya have a custom shirt.

As usual, I decided to do this up big. I printed off several sheets of freezer paper with designs and grabbed an Xacto knife. Turns out, me and the Xacto knife don't get along too much. The only thing I managed to cut was my finger!

So, I decided to call in an old scrappy friend... Coluzzle.

Oh Coluzzle, I heart you so...


I was well on my way to cutting out my new stencil when the tip broke! So, I went and dug around and couldn't find a spare... so, I called Joann's and then Michaels--nope. No one carries it anymore :(

The lovely people at Elmer's offered to let me purchase a compatible Xacto swivel blade for $3.50 plus &6.95 shipping!!! SERIOUSLY.

So, off to plan C... a couple other old scrappy friends: My Cuttlebug and Sizzix letters.


Add was intrigued...


Actually, kind of obsessed! (Got me thinkin' the Ole scrapbookin' tools might come in handy with spelling this summer :) )


Once I got the letters cut out, I had to grab my iron... at this point I am wondering exactly what I thought I'd enjoy about this project... cutting and ironing?!?!

 I got an S- in kindergarten for cutting crooked and my aunt never let me live it down... and I don't think I've ever ironed a shirt to my mama's liking to this day.

Darn Tice Talk has me battling my demons... and it just now occurred to me!

Anyhoo, after running the iron over the shirt, I then began placing my letter outlines.


Then added in the centers.


I do love the ability to customize t-shirts... I can think of tons of fun things to make... if only I could get my Xacto knife to cooperate.


I then grabbed some fabric paint and a stencil brush...


Took a dab of paint


And painted away


After about 20 minutes, I removed my freezer paper and allowed to dry flat for 3.5 hours.


I am hoping by Made by You Monday to have some better attempts, but for now this custom "Where's Gilbert?" shirt makes me smile...

friday-follow





Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


23 GOODe Thoughts:

Don't forget to put down a towel and iron over it again, now!

Was peeling off the freezer paper as nerve wracking for you as it was for me? I was so scared! Yours turned out great, though! (Although I agree - exacto knife cutting is HARD!)

I think you just gave the the inspiration I needed for helping the kids make their library bags! Very nice! (I just hope Gilbert [and Gilbert, and Gilbert] are all truly safe & sound!)

I think I have found the perfect father's day gift!

Just stopping by from friendly friday!

Nicole

Going to have to try this!
nice to meet you on Friendly Friday and looking forward to getting to know more about you and your blog.

http://lifeisasandcastle.blogspot.com/2010/06/friendly-friday.html

Love this idea! Thanks for such good directions. I am going to be trying this one out for sure. Now following from Friendly Friday.

http://onecrazycookie.blogspot.com

Hi~I am your newest follower from Friendly Friday!

You can find me here~

http://debshere.blogspot.com/


Have A Great Week~end!

~Deb~

I'm now following you! Happy Friendly Friday!! Great blog! I'm a CHRIST follower too!
Diana
I'd love you to visit mine:
http://www.theycallmeoldfashioned.com

Hi there!

WOW! Now THAT is really cool. You have such a fun blog! I love crafty stuff so I will definitely be back

I am your newest follower! Have a fun and friendly Friday! :-)

Chris
http://absolutely--positive.blogspot.com/

http://www.happytrailsfromcanyon.blogspot.com/

What adventures you have!!
I will send you all my t-shirts to customize....now that you are a pro!!
Have a great day :)
And keep up the fun projects !!

I am a follower! I'm here from Follow Me Friday! Have a great weekend! Blessings!

I LOVE the shirt!! I'm going to add this to our summer projects! Thanks for sharing.

That is awesome! My kids would love that shirt!

New follower from Friendly Follow! Would love for you to come visit and follow me!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

www.shelleysswag.blogspot.com

I am your newest follower! I'd love it if you could come follow me at

www.momsbalancingact.com

Have a great weekend!
Jenna

That looks like fun, I may have to try it this summer with my girls, thanks for all the info and tips. I am a new follower from Friendly Friday, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

I am glad to of found your blog. I am your newest follower. I am visiting you from friendly friday :)

Please follow me back...

www.livelovelaughwithleslie.com

Newest follower from FF. Can't wait to catch up. I love the freezer paper trick! I just made a bunch of onsies for my little one this way.

OMG! I have been living under a rock! Thanks so very much for the freezser paper tutorial! I was wondering what everyone was talking about!! Your shirt turned out fabulous!

great tutorial and love the tee-super cute! Stopping by from New Friends Friday!

Following you from friendly friday!
Follow back @ http://happilyfrugalmom.blogspot.com/

This is so cool!

Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a party every Friday to show off your stuff! Saturday for Etsy shops/online shops so share their wares. Sunday for Recipes links.

Thanks for the tip Katie!

Holly-- he is (they are) safe and sound :) We just want some fun inside joke tshirts for the fam :)

Kerin- send them my way :)

Welcome to all the newbies!

Going to have to try this!
nice to meet you on Friendly Friday and looking forward to getting to know more about you and your blog.

http://lifeisasandcastle.blogspot.com/2010/06/friendly-friday.html

Don't forget to put down a towel and iron over it again, now!

Was peeling off the freezer paper as nerve wracking for you as it was for me? I was so scared! Yours turned out great, though! (Although I agree - exacto knife cutting is HARD!)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More