Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Marinade

I am super excited! I am planning for my next FREEZE-O-RAMA and I just made plans to co-freeze with Miss Leah over at Beyer Beware this weekend. 

In honor of this occasion, I give to you my Balsamic Rosemary Marinade...


Now we all know I heart Rosemary... so much so I actually grow my own ;) 

However, in this recipe it is a minor player because the balsamic vinegar is pretty powerful and pretty yummy!

I  altered this recipe out of my Gooseberry Patch Best Casseroles cookbook...  


I opted out of the casserole and just bagged it up as marinade.

Not a casserole, but definitely Gooseberry Patch worthy ;)


(Click on image to print recipe)


I doubled the recipe so I used 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar... I just love, love, love balsamic vinegar. 

This chicken would be good cold and put in a salad and I don't eat salad!


4 T Mustard


I then added 4 garlic cloves minced


4 T Water  


Ignore the shot glass... easier to photograph water in shot glass than measuring spoon... 

You can pretend it is vodka if you'd like... or you can pretend it's water if your a teetotaler ;P


Salt and pepper please!


Now grab a freezer bag and toss in a family portion of chicken and several sprigs of rosemary.


Now add mixture and freeze or refrigerate :) 

Thaw in cold water bath.


Then grill 'er up baby!

Stay tuned for a new FREEZE-O-RAMA menu and a lot of bloggy fun this weekend!

FREEZE-O-RAMA definitely works for me :)

works for me wednesday at we are that family

Photobucket

12 GOODe Thoughts:

Yummy looking marinade! Gonna have to give it a try :)
Have a gorgeous day !!

Sounds yummy! I'm jealous you have a freezer cooking partner. You guys ARE going to send us all home from the next workshop with something for our freezers, right???

Just kidding! (mostly! lol!) Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe!

What an easy recipe to make and freeze! Perfect for last minute meals or to bring a meal to someone! Makes me want to have a freeze-o-rama!

I'm going to have to bookmark this one. IT sounds delish!! :D

I absolutely heart your blogs!!

Thanks gals! You won't be sorry.

And, anonymous... I heart my readers! Thanks!!!

Sounds very delicious! I really like balsamic vinegar. Thanks for the freezer tip. I will be making this one for sure.

Rosemary and chicken are a perfect marriage. I cannot argue with that. Your recipe made me hungry. Love the casserole cookbook too..

Hi! Im your newest follower. Glad to meet a fellow foodie thru FFF. Hope you could follow back, drop by, and say hi!

http://penspansandpuns.blogspot.com/

Yum, Yum! I love rosemary, too.

Thanks so much for linking up to On the Grill.

Rosemary and chicken are a perfect marriage. I cannot argue with that. Your recipe made me hungry. Love the casserole cookbook too..

Hi! Im your newest follower. Glad to meet a fellow foodie thru FFF. Hope you could follow back, drop by, and say hi!

http://penspansandpuns.blogspot.com/

Yum, Yum! I love rosemary, too.

Thanks so much for linking up to On the Grill.

I absolutely heart your blogs!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More