Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, June 28, 2010

GOODe Project: A Very Veggie Project

We are gearing up for a REALLY big day... I'll give you a hint:

VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales, VeggieTales!





Broccoli! Celery! Gotta be

VeggieTales!





Lima beans! Collard greens! Addie's Three!
VeggieTales!

Cauliflower! Sweet and sour! Half and hour!
VeggieTales!



Plans are in the works for a very veggie birthday at the end of July. For MONTHS we have had the following conversation:

"Mommy, can I have a Bob birthday cake?"

"Sure!"

"Mommy, do you want a Larry birthday cake?"

"Why not?" (My birthday is two days after Miss Add)

"Daddy, do you want a Junior birthday cake?"

"Yes!"

So we have decided to do a combo Bob/Larry cake with very veggie cupcakes that spell out "Happy 3rd Birthday Addie".

I have been scouring the net to find some inspiration for these little cupcakes.

I found this perfect starting point over at www.cakemiracle.com:



I heart the little characters!!!

So it gots me thinkin'. 

My fam is not a fan of fondant... we're buttercream kind of folk... so, I thought why not make the figures out of polymer clay and Add can play with a new set of veggie pals afterward.


So, I started with Bob and Larry...


First I had to condition my clay for 2 minutes--which consists of working the clay until it is soft and pliable.


Then I formed Larry's body.


Then added his eyes and nose :)


Finished up his eyes...


Then added his cute little mouth with his tooth.


On to Bob...


Same simple steps :)


I can't WAIT for her to see these little guys.


Then I finished off with Bob's greens :)


Ta Dah!


I plan on adding toothpick holes on the bottom of each figure before baking...

These were so simple and fun, I can't wait to make the rest of the gang! I know I will make Junior and probably Laura... maybe Mr. Lunt and Pa Grape... oh! And, Madam Blueberry... This is going to be fun! Stay tuned :)

Participating in the following blog hops:



Photobucket

23 GOODe Thoughts:

What a great idea! Yeah, fondant does kinda taste like poo. LOL Buttercream is 100% better! Can't wait to see the whole party! Looks fabulous!

Wow! Those look awesome!! :D I've only worked with fondant a couple of times and definitely is not as yummy as buttercream. Great to meet you! Stopping by from Mingle Monday.

Sherry

Thank you so much for linking up @ MGM!!! I love your Bob & Larry!!! We LOVE Veggie Tales!!! :-D

That was SUCH a good idea!! They're not just gone instantly, but can be played with over and over and made into Veggie everything! :-) CUTE.

Aren't you just super-mom?!?! I'm sure Miss Add will love ti! :)

I just love this!! Such a wonderful idea! Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

I love these and I love VEGGIETALES! My family is the same way... Go Buttercream!!!! Fondant? Blech!

I'm sure there are plenty of Veggie Birthday products out there, but you might want to check out my custom birthday plate idea here...

http://www.mommytopics.com/parenting/customized-party-ideas-super-mario-lego-star-wars-miffy-red-riding-hood-and-more

I can't wait to see more pictures of the party.

Blessings
Rachymommy - MommyTopics.com

P.S. I found you through Mingle Monday!

Those are adorable! We're planning a party, too...Adam's birthday is July 13th.

wow. It's almost like playing with play dough. That is super creative and super cute. I'm sure her b-day will be a success.

wow. It's almost like playing with play dough. That is super creative and super cute. I'm sure her b-day will be a success.

Love the Veggie Tales. My dd loved them when she was little. I think that it is really a cute idea and seems like so much fun to make them!

Stopping by from Monday Mingle. I hope that you have a good week!!

We are such buttercream people, too. These are adorable! You did such a create job! I know she'll be so excited to see them for her birthday - and yours!

Happy birthday to you and Add both.

Thanks for joining in on the Mingle Monday fun!

Adorable idea... I know they also have veggie tales planting seeds/boxes at home depot and other gardening supply stores if you wanted to incorporate that into your veggie tale bday party

Love this...been a veggie tale fan since their beginning...we have them in VHS. Enjoy!!!!
Stopped by from Mingle Monday,
Janette

Are you the cutest mom in the whole wide world?

Yes. Yes you are!

Wow, they look as good as something you'd buy in a store. I just love the VegieTales! And I'm 49!

They are so cute! Great job!
Thanks for joining us @ Anything Related!!

Very cute!!!!
I copied this veggie tales cake for a friend...

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/veggie-tale.html#c7

I love Veggie Tales, and my son does too. :) Your little characters look great!! My sister made a Bob cake and a Larry cake for my nephew's 2nd birthday! They looked so good!! Oh the Veggie Tales website has some birthday items; I got Bob and Larry balloons from there last year.

My son just had a Larry Boy party for his 4th birthday. It is hard to find Veggie Tales stuff. I have a super easy pinata I made on my site if you are interested.

I love Veggie Tales, and my son does too. :) Your little characters look great!! My sister made a Bob cake and a Larry cake for my nephew's 2nd birthday! They looked so good!! Oh the Veggie Tales website has some birthday items; I got Bob and Larry balloons from there last year.

They are so cute! Great job!
Thanks for joining us @ Anything Related!!

Love this...been a veggie tale fan since their beginning...we have them in VHS. Enjoy!!!!
Stopped by from Mingle Monday,
Janette

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More