Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy Aunt Lou Day!

Today is Aunt Lou's Birthday. Happy Birthday Lou!!!


Truth be told, I fear this day... 364 days a year... except on leap year.

I fear missing this date on the calendar... more than missing any other date.

Why?

Because Aunt Lou hearts her birthday... BIG TIME.

And, I am horrible about forgetting birthdays.  I'd forget my own if folks didn't remind me all day...

But you see, we heart Aunt Lou. And it would kill me to miss her big day.

So much so that at 12:15 a.m. this morning, the Goodes made a call to Aunt Lou to make sure we were the first to wish her Happy Birthday ;)


So in honor of this glorious day in which God blessed me with my one and only little sister, I present to you: 

10 things I love about my little sister.


10. She grew out of that pinching stage... eventually.



9. She has always been the daredevil between us, loves an adventure and pushes me outside of my comfort zone.


8. She has a loving and giving heart.


7.  She loves animals and they love her.


6. Her knife skills in the kitchen put me to shame.


5. Her shared interest in DC Talk, Gilmore Girls, Pride and Prejudice and all things Colin Firth.


4.  She's a fellow Adobe geek.


3. She taught me how to ride a horse and enjoy it.


2. She loves my daughter as if she were her own.


1. She's been my best friend for years ;)


Happy Birthday Aunt Lou! Love Ya!

Photobucket

10 GOODe Thoughts:

Happy happy birthday Lou!!
Hope it's a great one!!

Aw! What a loving and sweet birthday tribute to Aunt Lou!
She is very blessed to have you as a sister and more importantly, her friend!
Happy Birthday, Lou!

This is very sweet! Tell Aunt Lou happy birthday from us, too!

Thank you so much Cris. I love you so much. And you made me cry. Love you.....Aunt Lou!

What a lovely post for your sister! Happy Birthday to her! And Colin Firth - yummy!

xo Erin

Following your blog now! come visit Mama's Little Chick!

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

That's so sweet. Sisters are the best :)

Following your blog now! come visit Mama's Little Chick!

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

Aw! What a loving and sweet birthday tribute to Aunt Lou!
She is very blessed to have you as a sister and more importantly, her friend!
Happy Birthday, Lou!

Happy happy birthday Lou!!
Hope it's a great one!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More