Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Grilled Shrimp Tacos


We made some awesome Grilled Shrimp Tacos the other day on my new best gal pal Kemmy.


While my shrimp was thawing, I grabbed two limes and tossed them in the microwave for 15 seconds to make them easier to juice.



I then took the zest from one of the limes and then juiced both of them in a bowl.

I heart lime.

It just brings summer flavors to life :)



I then ran my knife through a little bit of cilantro. Add to taste.



A tsp of Kosher Salt


 
 1 T Olive Oil



1 T Old Bay



I then grabbed my thawed shrimp and drained any excess water.



Toss marinade in bag and chill for at least an hour.



Toss a few ears of corn and your shrimp on the barbie ;)


Yummo!


Once grilled up, cut your corn off the cob


I don't recommend this do-dad...


It is more of a corn "juicer" than "cutter"... Just sayin'


Chop up some maters and toss 'em in


Sprinkle with Kosher salt and the juice of another lime... lovin' the lime, baby.


Take the tails off the little guys and toss 'em in.


Mix 'er up


Toast up your tortillas


Summer in a shell... Yum!


Participating in: 


Our Homeschool Home


Photobucket

11 GOODe Thoughts:

Yu-Um! I've got a back of limes sitting on my counter and I know EXACTLY what I'm going to do with them :) Thanks

Welcome to Tuesday Tastes! Yummo is right! These do look like summer in a shell!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

Welcome to Tuesday Tastes! Yummo is right! These do look like summer in a shell!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy
crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com

YUM! I've gotta try this one. Oh, & Pampered Chef makes a do-dad to cut corn off the cob. I don't have one (yet :) but Allison has one & said it works great!

I recently had shrimp tacos for the first time when we were out for dinner one night and have become a real fan, so I'll definitely be giving your recipe a try! It sounds delicious.

YUM-Yum-YUM ! wow that's delicious. I found your blog from FMBT

Yummy! Sounds great!
Thanks for linking up!
~Liz

Oh, goodness, this IS good. Yum. I wish I were there. Plus two great tips with marinating in the bag, and telling us that the corn gadget does not work. I'm linked to several of the same parties you linked up with and I came over from Tuesday Tastes.

Tasty lookin' grub there !! :)
My sweetheart would love shrimp tacos! He loves shrimp! I think he may even try shrimp on a PB&J :)

First, your photos are amazing!

B) I have to admit that I have never thought that any type of seafood plus tacos would equal a delectable treat, but you are about to convince me! These look good!

and lastly, Thanks for participating in Tutorial Tuesday!

These look delicious!! I have never cut corn off the cob! Now I know what NOT to use. I so want to try this, thanks!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More