Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Friday, June 18, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Grilled Basil & Tomato Chicken


This is my new favorite marinade... and side dressing... Oh. My. Word.



I found it while flippin' through my Gooseberry Patch Summer in the Country cookbook... I was lookin' for great new recipes for Kemmy ;)


Click on image to print recipe.

I started with my maters... can't wait to use this recipe with my garden maters!


Sliced 'em up


Then grabbed some of my fresh (boxwood) basil and ran my knife through it.


Then I gave my food processor a dirty look...


And decided to use the blender attachment instead. 

I heart blenders... 

They don't have a million pieces.

They don't taunt me into throwin' said pieces across the kitchen.

They do their job.

They aren't out to get you... Just sayin'


So, I tossed my maters and basil into the blend... and it smelled AMAZIN'


I pretended to mince up a clove of garlic and then took a pic to show the world that my knife just doesn't know how to mince... 

Dear Pampered Chef... is that covered in your warranty? 

It couldn't possibly be me, could it?


Tossed 'er in.


Then add one of my favoritest ingredients ever... Balsamic Vinegar.

3/4 Cup


Don't forget to add your salt...


And 2 T Olive Oil


And then puree baby...


I really wish you could smell this. If you don't "do" fresh herbs, break your rule just this once... fresh basil really makes this dressing/marinade over the top!

Now use half of the mixture as a marinade for 4 chicken breasts and reserve 1/2 for a side dressing.


I bag up my chicken for FREEZE-O-RAMA


Pour half in my chicken bag...


And, half in a clean baggie for the dressing.


Sooo GOODe that I made 2 sets....


Truth be told, only one made it to the freezer... Kemmy was hungry!


I threw on some asparagus and carrots to keep my chicken company.


Then I drizzled my fab-bo dressing on my veggies and enjoyed this awesome summer meal in the country ;)



Our Homeschool Home
Photobucket

12 GOODe Thoughts:

Yum!
Another tasty recipe to try !!
Perfect for summer evenings too!!
Have a great Saturday :)

Well THAT certainly sounds delicious! I'll have to remember that one. Don't you just love your deep red KitchenAid mixer! I wanted one for years but never found just the right color of red. Finally I did, and agonized over whether I should spend the money on it. I realized that I'd kick myself for passing up the opportunity - and GOT IT! Love that thing!!

mmm...looks great! And I REALLY need to start freezing a batch of everything, too!

I've gotta try this one! 2 questions though, 1: where did you get the flat grilling sheet? & 2: how long did it take you to cook the carrots? I tried carrots on the grill last week & they burned on the outside, but never got heated through or to the tender-crisp point.

We're going to try Aunt Mary's Mary-nade Pork sometime next week. It's in the freezer :)

This looks delicious. I love all of these ingredients, I know that had to have been wonderful.

Thanks so much for linking up to On the Grill. Have a great weekend!

Back atcha Kerin!

Cranberry- Absolutely! My mama was a cake decorator and I grew up with a Kitchen Aid... after getting married and seeing this red beauty, I knew she was the one for me!

Katie- It is super easy to start out by just making double batches at dinner time and putting one back in the freezer. :)

Terra- I got the grill accessory at Walmart over by the grills. As for the carrots, I made sure to spray them GOODe with Pam (or drizzle with olive oil and stir often. I use petite baby carrots which are thinner and cook quicker. You might try steaming yours in the microwave a little first and then finishing them on the grill if you like them super soft.

Hope you like Aunt Mary's Mary-nade!

Robyn- No problem! I just love your linky party!!

Just visiting & looking around! This looks super yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

Congratulations! You won last week's On the Grill!

Send me an email and I'll get you your prize and Grill Master button!!!

This week is All About Kids. Come share your favorite kid-friendly recipe!

http://www.ourhomeschoolhome.com/2010/06/on-grill-all-about-kids-little-buddy.html
Robyn

Just visiting & looking around! This looks super yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

I've gotta try this one! 2 questions though, 1: where did you get the flat grilling sheet? & 2: how long did it take you to cook the carrots? I tried carrots on the grill last week & they burned on the outside, but never got heated through or to the tender-crisp point.

We're going to try Aunt Mary's Mary-nade Pork sometime next week. It's in the freezer :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More