Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Aunt Mary's Pork Mary-nade


The other day we were over at Uncle Tom and Aunt Mary's pullin' weeds in our garden and we had the most yummy grilled pork when the work was done. 

I gots to askin' what is in this?!?

And Aunt Mary said "just a little oyster sauce and a little Worcestershire sauce".

So simple, yet soooo GOODe!

Now fast forward to this weekend... we finally got to bring home this gal... Truth be told, this budgetin' stuff really works :)


I call her Kemmy ;) We got her for a killer deal--wayyy below budget :)


Kemmy and I have become fast friends.


Although she gets hot mad when you push her buttons :)


So I grabbed a pork loin I had stashed in the fridge for FREEZE-O-RAMA and sliced 'em up.


Then I grabbed Aunt Mary's secret weapons...



And put 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Oyster sauce in a bowl


Then added 1/4 cup or so of Worcestershire sauce or "shire sauce" as I call it 'round these parts!


I then dunked my piggy in my sauce...


Then I sat it aside...


Meanwhile I repeated the mary-nade 2 more times to freeze ;)


Then I shucked some corn and tossed on Kemmy's top rack


And then tossed my pork on the bottom.


And FLIP


Yum it is done :)


Recipe below :)

Photobucket

22 GOODe Thoughts:

new follower from tat!
http://thedinnerfortwoproject.blogspot.com

What a delicious and simple marinade - thanks for sharing it.

Okay, I'm followin' Just keep giving me more of those Goode recipes! Love this one: EASY, FEW STEPS, and looks delicious! Found you on Tasty Tuesday. :-)

Seriously? That's it??? Awesome! I will have to try it!

What an interesting marinade! I'll have to give it a try one of these days :)
Have a great day! Hope you do something fun !!

Thanks for popping by my blog today. I've never tried oyster sauce...it always sounded fishy for some reason, but I'm going to try it next time I'm at the grocery store! Thanks!

Found you on FMBT. Wow, does this pork recipe sound delicious! I am definitely giving it a try. :)
Lynn
www.bradybunchplus1.blogspot.com

Isn't that fun when you find something yummy and easy?!?!

Mhmmm that looks GREAT!!!


New follower from FMBT!!! :o) Please follow me back!!!

Please visit me @:

http://mandysfrugaljourney.blogspot.com/2010/06/follow-me-back-tuesday.html

Also i'm hosting a giveaway @:

http://mandysfrugaljourney.blogspot.com/2010/06/giveaway-good-earth-mediterranean.html

Always looking for new pork "mary"nades. Thanks, looks great.

Newest follower in the house from Tag Along Tuesday. Would love to hear back from you! Can't wait to read more...

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Following from TAT. Stop by At the Fence and become a neighbor!
http://www.atthefence.blogspot.com/

That made me hungry!

Following you via FMBT! Have a great Tuesday!

http://www.fabulousfamilyreviews.com/

I'm LOVING how you do the little recipe cards how freaking cute!!!

This sounds perfect and you're so good with freezing them also. I must say I'm a little jealous of Kemmy, she's a beauty :)

Kemmy?
I'm comin' over tonight--you'd better be ready.

Great idea! Thanks. Come join me for What's On the Menu Wednesday. I would love to see you there.

Yum! That looks fantastic!!! Thanks for joining Tutorial Tuesday!

Easy and yummy - my kind of recipe!Thanks for bringing your dish over to Tuesday Tastes! The People's Choice Polls are open so come by and cast your vote when you get a chance!

Happy Day,
Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/06/tuesday-tastes-12.html

Oh my stars, that looks so simple and YUMMY!

Thanks so much for sharing this awesome recipe. I'm going to have to try it...

Thanks for linking up to On the Grill.

Kemmy?
I'm comin' over tonight--you'd better be ready.

I'm LOVING how you do the little recipe cards how freaking cute!!!

This sounds perfect and you're so good with freezing them also. I must say I'm a little jealous of Kemmy, she's a beauty :)

That made me hungry!

Following you via FMBT! Have a great Tuesday!

http://www.fabulousfamilyreviews.com/

Thanks for popping by my blog today. I've never tried oyster sauce...it always sounded fishy for some reason, but I'm going to try it next time I'm at the grocery store! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More