Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Goode Plan: FREEZE-O-RAMA



I have decided to give freezing a month's worth of meals a try after reading up on the subject on Money Saving Mom and Life as Mom.

When I read what they were up to it got me to thinking about the time one of my best friends told me about cooking up a double batch of seasoned ground beef and freezing it for other recipes. I also remembered how awesome it was to come home from work and find half the work already done setting in my freezer! (Thanks Lis!)

When I combined this with the idea of all the money I could save by using up items in my freezer and cupboard as well as buying some items in bulk, I was sold on the idea. Not to mention the convenience of taking pics for the entire day would give me a boat load of cooking blog posts for future use.

So, I have been pouring over my recipes and thinking about the essentials around here trying to come up with a game plan. I have been testing a few things to make sure we like them before committing to them for our month of meals.

I think I have settled on the following list of items to freeze up for convenience sake.

Best. Chicken. Ever. - I plan to make up bags of raw chicken in the marinade for convenience grilling.

PW's Chicken Spaghetti

Brown Bag Burritos - Oh. My. Word. These are so yummy and soooo convenient straight out of the freezer!

My Awesome Meatloaf - I plan to mix it up and freeze it uncooked in loaves. (Recipe to come after FREEZE-O-RAMA)

My Mom's Oven "Fried" Chicken - This is an experiment with my mom's recipe. Never been frozen before, so we'll see how it goes.

My Lasagna in a Pot - Love this recipe. (Recipe to come after FREEZE-O-RAMA)

Creamy Asparagus Casserole- A new Gooseberry Patch recipe :)

Seasoned Ground Beef ;)

Chopped Onions

and...

Chopped Red Bell Peppers. Speaking of Red Bell Peppers...



In preparing for this weekend's FREEZE-O-RAMA I have kept my eyes peeled for good deals on some of my key ingredients.

I noticed at my local IGA (or DRA according to Addie) that they had a 5 for $5 sale on their red bells and I was so excited.

So I grabbed my 5 and waited to make sure they rang up on sale and I was shocked to find they only came to $1.82. I explained to the cashier that something must be wrong, but she insisted that it was 5lbs for $5 not 5 bells. I told her that I really thought there was a mistake, but if she was sure, I was going to buy the rest of them!

So, I got 10 gorgeous red bells for under $4! I usually pay $1.50 EACH for them!!! I saved $11.

They are deep red, spotless and so flavorful!




I am preparing my grocery list and organizing my coupons tonight. Shopping is tomorrow night after church and then Saturday is FREEZE-O-RAMA!

Keep your fingers crossed for me ;)

I just realized that our Church Directory picture appointment is that evening, so let's hope I survive the day's activities!

3 GOODe Thoughts:

I can't wait to hear how it goes! You know I LOVE to save money!

Well shopping trip 1 is down and I am still on budget. My hope is to make a month's worth of meals in this paycheck's grocery money and save BIG TIME next paycheck . :)

Well shopping trip 1 is down and I am still on budget. My hope is to make a month's worth of meals in this paycheck's grocery money and save BIG TIME next paycheck . :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More