Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, May 3, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Meatloaf


I have been meaning to post my Meatloaf recipe from FREEZE-O-RAMA and the FREEZE-quel, so without further ado I give you My Awesome Meatloaf.


Now first ya need to go read up on my favorite Meatloaf Pan... go on now, I'll wait...

...

...

OK, now that your meatloaf pan life is complete, here is an awesome recipe to fill it with! This recipe will make 2 loaves, so cut in half if you only want one.



Take 2 lbs extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey ;) )



Add Kosher Salt to your taste


Toss in 2 eggs


1 sleeve of crush saltines


1/2 cup chopped Red or Green Bell Pepper


1 chopped medium onion


3/4 cup Ketchup...I heart Ketchup ;)


Mix'er up with a spoon...


Then "get real" and get your hands dirty.


Lay one of your lovely magical pans (top pan only) on a piece of foil.


Fill with 1/2 of your mixture and then repeat for second loaf.


Cover loaves with Press N Seal.


Cover with foil and freeze.


Thaw and cover in ketchup before baking for 25-30 minutes in 350 degree oven.


Enjoy!

And, a new addition for Original GOODe GOODeNESS...

Recipe Cards--Thanks to a suggestion by a reader :)
(To print the RECIPE CARD above, click on the image and then print.)

7 GOODe Thoughts:

This sounds yummy, but Toby is not a fan of any kind of meatloaf :( I do LOVE the recipe card thing though. How did you get that? That would be great for Mom's Kitchen!

Hey there Cris!
Yummy looking meat loaf! And thank you very much for not using oatmeal! :)
I too like the saltine crackers in meatloaf..... I do not like oatmeal in meatloaf...yuck.
We make mini-meat loaves around here. I do love your recipe card!!! It is cool! Tell me how you did that?!
Hope you have an awesome day!

Looks yummy & makes me hungry. :) LOVE the recipe card!

Love that you put turkey in there! But, I do half turkey, half beef. Turkey just doesn't have enough fat to make great meatloaves and burgers.

I, too, use cracker crumbs.

This looks yummy as I heart ketchup too.

For the messy part, I usually mix up my meatloaf in a ziploc bag. I just add my ingredients to the bag, zip it up, and then use my hands to manipulate the bag. When it is all mixed up, I put it in the pan.

Thanks ladies!

Katie- thanks for the tip!

Heather- Now that is a GOODe idea!!!

Love that you put turkey in there! But, I do half turkey, half beef. Turkey just doesn't have enough fat to make great meatloaves and burgers.

I, too, use cracker crumbs.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More