Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Goode Goodeness: You gots to make this!

I found a link to this Brown Bag Burrito recipe on Money Saving Mom while researching for FREEZE-O-RAMA and boy am I glad I did!


I decided to give these puppies a test drive before making a commitment for FREEZE-O-RAMA... a blind date night so to speak... a girl can't settle for any old burrito ya know.

I started out with 2 lbs extra lean ground beef and fried her up.


I heart cooking with extra lean ground beef. It is much lower in fat and many times there is no fat to drain. So, if you need to drain... that's your biz-ness, but me --I went on to the next step :)



Cheese snobs hide your eyes...Next I grated up 1/2 a brick of 2 % Velveeta.


Then I threw it in with the ground beef and it smelled so yummy I tried to restrain myself from eating it then and there. No comment on if I succeeded ;)


Then it was time for the canned goodes ;) 2 cans refried beans and 1 1/3 cups enchilada sauce. This can was more than enough sauce... but it did make for a fun game of guess the what the heck is in that baggie with Puddie.


Toss in the beans and let them pose for their close-up.


Then pour in the sauce and 1/2 cup of water.


Time to spice things up a bit.  Add 1/3 c. dried minced onion, 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 Tbsp. garlic powder,
1 tsp. Kosher salt  and 1 tsp. dried oregano.


Mix'er up and prepare the shells :)



I just heated them up until they bubbled and flipped and they were done.

The recipe calls for 20 shells. I made (salvaged) 18 because two of my shells lacked patience and decided to burn while I was tending to the monkey for a moment.

That's ok though, I don't need needy sorts like them hanging around my kitchen anyhow so I threw them out :P So there!



Next I took the well behaved shells and placed them on a paper towel that was on top of a piece of foil.


Added my heavenly mixture


And wrapped 'er up in a perdy little package. Watch out Taco Bell, here I come!


Then I wrapped it up in the paper towel


And then the foil. Once they cooled I threw them in the freezer.

Well these puppies made the FREEZE-O-RAMA cut. We heart them. They are so yummy and SUPER convenient.

If you haven't guessed, they were a lovely first date :)


Enjoy!



Edited on 11/16/10 to add: Check out all my bloggy buds other freezer friendly recipes at:


Also Linked to:




  • Tempt My Tummy Tuesday









  • Tuesdays at the Table








  • It's a Blog Party







  • Tasty Tuesdays







  • Works For Me Wednesday

  • What's Cooking Wednesday





  • 7 GOODe Thoughts:

    I'm just now getting around to catching up on all your blogging you have done. I've kind of been MIA for the past week or so...

    I am for sure going to try this recipe out!! Rylee and Shawn both love burritos!! Your Chicken (Spuh-gots.. thats what we call it!) sounds delicious too! Now, regarding that one.. do you freeze the whole thing or did you cut it into pieces and then freeze? Just curious:)

    These sounds super yummy! Have you tried them after they were frozen? I made a "freezable" recipe once that used tortillas & when we thawed them & ate them the tortillas were soggy & nasty. I just wondered how these held up. Either way, I'm going to try them just to eat. :)

    Allison- they are small enough to leave whole. They end up being about the size of the frozen burritos you can get in the store in bulk. These are just a lot less calories :)

    I wrap them individually in a paper towel and then foil. I have seen others wrap them in the paper towel and then put them in a freezer bag.

    Terra- I think the paper towel is critical. I leave it on when I microwave it. I cook them 45 sec on each side refrigerated and 90 sec on each side frozen and they come out yummy every time!

    Oh! and as for the chicken spaghetti, I am going to split one batch into two dishes. I find we always have casseroles left over so this is the perfect opportunity to freeze them in the portions we will eat!

    Oh I love these things! Need to restock the freezer with them - SOON! :)

    What a great recipe and love the pics!

    I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday tonight and share your recipe! Hope to see you there :)

    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    What a great recipe and love the pics!

    I'd love for you to stop by What's Cooking Wednesday tonight and share your recipe! Hope to see you there :)

    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    I'm just now getting around to catching up on all your blogging you have done. I've kind of been MIA for the past week or so...

    I am for sure going to try this recipe out!! Rylee and Shawn both love burritos!! Your Chicken (Spuh-gots.. thats what we call it!) sounds delicious too! Now, regarding that one.. do you freeze the whole thing or did you cut it into pieces and then freeze? Just curious:)

    Post a Comment

    Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More