Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mama

Today like many others my family got together to celebrate a very special mama in our lives...


My mom is a huge influence in my life.

My mom loves my dad wholeheartedly.

My mom always told me that one day I'd meet a man that deserved me... she was right.

I can remember a few distinct times I saw a mama bear come out in my mom when I was a child... and only now, after having Miss Add, do I truly know that power that embodies a mother to protect her child.

My mom is one of the most thoughtful people I know. 

In a world full of hurry ups and get things done, details often fall through the cracks... but my mom notices the details... and handles them thoughtfully.

Mom can see the solution to a problem and find a way to get there when you are completely overwhelmed.

Mom can pack the unpackable... she just sees how things can fit together.

The folks that count my mama as a friend are very lucky...

And, I am blessed to be one of them.


Photobucket

6 GOODe Thoughts:

Very nicely said! I was able to spend some time with my mom today too. It was a bit hurried and crazy, but it was so nice to sit with her for a while!

Happy Mother's Day to you! I spent time with my mom and I can say she is my true friend and most loyal fan. This a wonderful tribute you wrote. Thanks for sharing!

Well said dear sister. We are very blessed to have her. She is amazing!

Btw, love your sunglasses. ;)

Your mom is truely wonderful! I am very blessed to know her. You hold all those wonderful qualities as well Cris and you have your momma and pappa to thank for that! You have an amazing family!! I spent the day with my mother and daughter and feel truely blessed as well. Love you

What a nice tribute to your mom! I hope she had a wonderful Mother's Day and that you did too. :-)

Your mother sounds as special as you.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More