Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Grilled Chicken Crispy Pizza


In my quest to lighten up some of my favorite flavors around here, I started toying with my Tomato Basil Pizza...


Now... most of the calories in my first pizza were caught up in the crust and cheese, so I switched my cheeses to low fat cheeses and/or reduced the amounts because I know that dairy assists me in weight loss and helps me feel fuller longer--so I didn't want to cut it completely out... because let's be honest... the cheese is what makes a pizza awesome anyhow... just sayin'

But the crust... my beloved crust... had to be sacrificed for this lunch time meal in honor of the all powerful dress zipper that simple must zip in a few weeks...

So instead, I took a low calorie soft taco shell and spread a little basil on it.


I then added some precooked chicken strips for some added protein... again, fuller longer.


I then sprinkled it with 1/8 cup of low fat cheese.


Next up Spinach... mama loves her spinach...


Then tomato slices that I then seasoned with salt and pepper.


Then I took 1 oz. of mozzarella and cut it into little pieces to place one small dab of cheese on each tomato.


While all this had been going on, I had been preheating my iron skillet in the broiler until it was uber-hot.


Then I placed my "Pizza" in the skillet and popped it into the broiler for 3 minutes.


Out it came... super crispy and uber-flavorful.


Enjoy!

Click on card to print it individually.




Photobucket

7 GOODe Thoughts:

This looks so good! And I LOVE crispy Pizza crust.

Thanks for sharing :)

I think you just gave me supper inspiration! Grilled Chicken Crispy Pizza it is!

Way to go! If anyone can learn how to cook lighter...it's you !!
Looks like you didn't sacrifice taste at all :)
Hope your week is a great one!

This does sound yummy AND lighter! Will have to try it!
Bernice

No kidding! In the cast iron skillet! I'm giving an old cast iron skillet to our son-in-law for his birthday. I'll have to include this recipe! (along with a Civil War Cookbook). Great idea!

I think this might just be my dinner tonight!

We make a version close but don't use a cast iron skillet...goin have to get me one! Looks so good!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More