Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Asian Chicken Wraps with Sweet and Sour Slaw


Next up from the brand new 101 Easy Everyday Recipes, you chose Asian Chicken Wraps from the Toss Together Suppers section. 

Psst... Have you entered to win the cookbook BEFORE you can buy it yet? The contest ends tomorrow night... just sayin'



Now, I had to alter this tasty treat a bit because I couldn't find General Tso's Sauce... and I LOVE General Tso's Sauce, so I was a bit bummed...


At first I thought I'd substitute Sweet and Sour Sauce... but then I didn't really like that taste with the teriyaki...


So I decided to try a different flavor and took 1 Cup Rice Vinegar...


And mixed it with 2 t Sesame Oil


And 2 t Sesame Seeds


Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner. I am sure this tastes a little different than the original, but hey-- we had to improvise ;)


Now pour your dressing over your cooked chicken (I used the pre-cooked packaged chicken breast strips)


Set that aside and grab your favorite tortillas. I used a whole grain tortilla that is enriched with extra fiber (Weight be gone!).


Toss on some shredded cabbage...


Some shredded carrots


That yummy sesame chicken...


Some sliced almonds


And a little sprinkle of Chow Mein Noodles


Wrap 'er up...


What a yummy light lunch!

Click on the card to print it individually.


Now, if you are looking for a nice side to compliment the wraps, just flip over a few pages to the Sides in a Snap section and you will find a great Sweet and Sour Slaw that has quickly earned a family favorite status around here...


Now since this was a side and we were already having chicken, I omitted the chicken. I also omitted the oranges and sunflower seeds since I didn't have either in my pantry.


You start out with the college staple... a GOODe Ole block of ramen...


You crunch up the uncooked noodles and keep the seasoning pack back for the dressing...


Now add a bag of Cole Slaw mix.


1 Cup Sliced Almonds


4 Green Onions- chopped


Now toss.


Now take 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil, 1/4 Cup Sugar, 3 T White Vinegar and mix it up in a side bowl with your ramen seasoning packet.


Pour over the slaw...


Toss and refrigerate for at least and hour.


Toss again and serve. Tangy and light!












Photobucket

3 GOODe Thoughts:

I've loved this slaw at gatherings, but never knew how to make it! Thanks for the 411~! Now to find some cabbage!

I think I'm gonna try these next week! Yum!!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More