Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

French Onion Biscuits


Of all the dips in the dip aisle, I always go to the French Onion dip... but not just any French Onion dip... it has to at least taste like the Prairie Farms French Onion dip I grew up on... 

Kraft isn't it... neither are most of the brands. I am sure they are just fine... they are just not what I want.

That is why my heart just about broke the other day when I realized that my IGA (the only one of my grocery stores where I could get the good stuff) stopped carrying Prairie Farms French Onion Dip... but then, I half heartedly tried the new Smith's version  and was shocked to find it was right on point in the taste department...


And no, Smith's and Prairie Farms are not paying me to say so... no one could pay me enough to endorse a French Onion dip that I didn't believe in... French Onion dip is serious stuff-- forever linked to childhood memories and taste buds... just sayin' ;)

Anyhoo... this is my long-winded intro to an awesome little recipe that I was tickled pink you chose as the Sides in a Snap choice of recipes for me to cook up for you here.


This gem comes from the yet-to-be-released 101 Easy Everyday Recipes Cookbook that Gooseberry Patch sent me to review and giveaway another copy to you! 



Have ya entered yet? Huh? Have ya? I'll wait...

One of the reasons I totally heart this cookbook is because all of the recipes are sooo easy!


This French Onion Biscuit comes out of the oven looking and tasting much like a French Onion version of a Cheddar Bay Biscuit a la Red Lobster, but yet it is so simple to make.


You just take 8 oz of French Onion Dip and 1/4 cup of Milk and mix 'er up with...


 1 t Dried Parsley


Then add 2 Cups of Bisquick and combine it through.


Now scoop out 12 biscuits onto a greased or lined cookie sheet.

I LOVE using these great silpat mats.


Bake 'em up at 450 degrees for 7-8 minutes


Immediately top with melted butter and they are ready to go!

YUM!

To print card individually, please click on it.

Enjoy!








Photobucket

Photobucket

5 GOODe Thoughts:

Oh my these look so good! I always leave your posts so hungry! LOL This is a must try! Thank you!

Blessings,
Jill

The gang here will love this recipe! We heart our biscuits, and we especially heart Bisquick heart-healthy mix! It's always on our pantry shelf.

These look so good! I make my own french onion dip with sour cream, I would bet that it would still taste great! Thanks for sharing.

Such a great recipe, if we do say so ourselves. :) Your description of them is exactly right...they are a French Onion version of a Cheddar Bay biscuit! Thanks for sharing.

My stomach will thank you, my hips do not! :-)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More