Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's a Goode Life: Favorite Things- Goode style

So, I was listening to the Christmas Channel. Yes, I am the "people" that listen to that station. Anyhoo-- the song "Favorite Things" came on and it got me wondering about this person and their favorite things. Not judgin' here, but you gotta admit that this is a peculiar list--at best.

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things


Really? Of all of the things in the world... these are a few of her favorite things? I have to tell you in all my years of analyzing rain drops, roses and whiskers I have never thought "golly that is one of my favorite things."

Now this on the other hand, this is definitely one of my favorite things



So I decided to rewrite it a little.... ahem... memememememe

Toddlers on toes-es and Gilbert the kitten
Bright colored crayons and Addie's name written
Baby girl dolled up in her fairy wings
These are a few of my favorite things



 So then they go into:


Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things




Nope, mine is still better...


Who on earth finds a doorbell something to get excited about? I give them the ponies and maybe the sleigh bells...

streudels are nice...

never had schnitzel--but bless you anyhow ;)

Frankly, it is too darn cold to go sit outside and watch for a goose with a moon on it's wings...

Then  they go on to sing:

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things




Still better.

I get the girls in white dresses... but who on earth likes snow in their eyelashes???
 
As for the wet slimy winters that melt into spring... ugh... give me fall any day over that.  Seriously I think they just put some of that stuff in there so they would qualify to be played on the Christmas channel...lol Popular place that it is... (and yes I know the Christmas channel was not in existence when this song was written)
 
Then they finish it up:
When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Is it me or should they do something besides sing a song when a dog bites or bee stings??? I get the point when your feeling sad... but I really doubt your schnitzel or frost bitten nose are gonna make you feel all that much better--but hey to each their own. Who am I to judge? Some of my favorite things are:

Toddlers on toes-es and Gilbert the kitten
Bright colored crayons and Addie's name written
Baby girl dolled up in her fairy wings
These are a few of my favorite things


Flip flops and Photoshop and Cameras with flashes
Nap time and lap time and bath time with splashes
How the room brightens when my Puddie sings
These are a few of my favorite things


Play dates with playdoh  and cuddlin' with Puddie
Diet coke and cooking and going to the movies
Jesus my savior and my risen king
These are a few of my favorite things



When the day bites
When the words sting
When I am feelin' sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel sooo bad!



There. Much better now.



4 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More