Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Goode Goodness: Tortilla Soup

I was in the mood for some soup and so I decided to use up some frozen chicken I had left over and make a version of Tortilla Soup



So I started with my onion and chopped her up




Threw a little EVOO in the stock pot




Then in she went



And you know my rule about my onions, they are lonely without some garlic




So mince 'em up and toss 'em in




While they glossed up, I grabbed my chicken from the other day and ran my knife through it




Then I tossed the chicken in and added a carton of broth




Then I grabbed the BEST tomatoes in the world. I have loved Red Gold tomatoes since I was a child.




And their tomato sauce...Yummo!!!




Now I had to grab my favorite can opener --and let me tell you, this is the best can opener out there. I have noticed that their is an epidemic of inferior can openers out there. Please save yourself and your loved ones from this travesty. This baby leaves no sharp edges and never skips a beat.




So, open your cans and dump 'em baby.

Then add 2 cups frozen corn



And then some Kosher salt



Then it is time to spice things up...



Add some chili powder




Then some cumin. I heart cumin...




Finish'er up with some hot sauce and put some in a bowl

Now grab your chips



And crunch some up

Add some shredded cheese




and a Dollop of Daisy




Perfection for a cold winter's day




Yum!






0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More