Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Goode Goodeness: MMM...Sugar, Sugar





Well we finally managed to outsmart that pesky Grinch Bug this weekend and made ourselves some sugar cookies ;)

We started out with 2 sticks of  light margarine. Now, if these cookies had been for a someone other than us, we would have started out with 2 sticks of butter or regular margarine. But since it was a treat for us we tried to lighten it up a bit.



So, 2 sticks of your preferred butter-like substance

Add to that 1 /3 cup Splenda



And 2/3 cup Sugar



Cream the sugars and butter-like substance together ;)




Then throw in a tsp of Baking Soda or Baking Sodee as my Grandma would say.




Add a Tbsp of vinegar




And a Tbsp of Almond Extract. I am addicted to Almond Extract. I blame my sister-in-law. She had the most amazing almond birthday cake this past summer and ever since I HAVE to have almond in everything. I heart vanilla, but I am obsessed with almond extract.

Now, I prefer the real deal--pure almond extract-- but I had some left over imitation from my many almond tests so these babies got the fake stuff.




Mix'er up and add 1 1/2 cups flour




Scrape sides of the bowl with a spatula and pop in the freezer for 1/2 hr.



In the meantime, grab the cutest two year old you can find and put the biggest apron in the house on her...



Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls and press on cookie sheet and let the two year old do her magic




Ohh pretty...




Don't be fooled, this is very detailed work




Pop them in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes and voilĂ !




Yummy, crunchy almond sugar cookies




Addie tested and approved




;)


0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More