Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's a Goode Life: Craft Night at the Goodes

Before I start tonight's blog, I have to apologize for my absence last night. I have been fighting off a nasty little bug--again!--and it had me down and out last night. I am determined to be better by Christmas, but it has been a hard fight!

For all of you who have been wondering where the heck I was, please accept the following as my apology gift:




Now, wasn't that worth the wait?

This is just a glimpse...lol into Craft Night at the Goodes.

The other night I went to the craft store with grandiose ideas of making polymer clay ornaments with Addie. I used to make them all the time--pre-Monkey and thought it would be fun to give her a try again with my playdoh obsessed 2 year old. That was until reality hit that I didn't have any of my old supplies anymore and I didn't want to take out a second mortgage on my home to reinvest in all the supplies I would need... aka nothing was on sale.

So, I found fun--and more age appropriate--projects for the holiday season that turned out to be just the right fit for Craft Night at the Goodes-- an event I plan to make a regular around here.

First up, the Nativity.




I was so THRILLED to find this little foam 3D nativity project (60% off I might add--who says procrastination doesn't pay!) I had been looking for a good kids Nativity all season and couldn't find one in stock that I liked. So, when I saw this I thought it was PERFECT!




We were able to build the stable together and the little figures are stable (no pun intended!) enough that Addie can play with them as much as she wants.

Speaking of the figures--Miss Add was quite persistent that the baby was Baby Moses. See in her storybooks the baby bible character is typically Moses, while Jesus is a man. It took a while but we finally got it down that it was Baby Jesus. For a minute I thought she was gonna try a rewrite the Good Book.




Note: Do not use this picture to build your stable...it won't be...ummm... errr... stable. (I have the back wall on backwards...lol!)




Daddy to the rescue.




Wasn't long before we created the solution to "no room in the inn"



Once the Nativity was complete and needed to dry, we moved on to making Frosty.

While I was getting organize, Miss Add got to work and laid this out all by herself:




I LOVE the expression!




I quickly got the glue so we could make it permanent.




She LOVED craft time...and Frosty




On the next one she promptly insisted he have a hat.
So, I cut one out of felt for her.




Daddy enjoyed craft time too!




Maybe a little too much... but you already knew that.

Yep, Craft Night at the Goodes will definitely be a reoccurring event. What crafts do you do with your kiddos?

0 GOODe Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More