Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

GOODe Project: Bloggy Recipe Cards

My friend Whitney asked me the other day if I had a way of printing my recipes that didn't involve replacing ink cartridges due to all the photos (my words--not hers ;)).

So, I began diggin' and didn't really find many solutions that didn't involve learning a lot of HTML code...

Then it occurred to me that I could make it an image (jpeg) and you could then click on the image and just print the image.

So, I played around in InDesign and created this little do-dad

Making your own recipe cards for your blog is easy--even if you don't have fancy-shamsey design software at your finger tips. Your method is determined by your word processing or design software. I have uploaded a Word template I created to Scribd if you want to download it:

Recipe Card Template
If you aren't making your cards to share on the Web, I would just search Microsoft's Templates and find one you like;)

Anyhoo, if you are making one for your blog, once you have your recipe filled out you will need to convert it into 
an image (jpeg). Don't forget-- you can change the fonts and add any images you'd like before converting.

Those with design software have many options here, but eHow has a great tutorial on:
How to convert your Word Doc into a jpeg using basic/free software.

Once you have your jpeg, you just insert it like a picture and blogger takes care of the rest!

Hope that helps!



16 GOODe Thoughts:

Oh cool! I'm going to try this for Mom's Kitchen. Just a few more days of class & I'll have time to play on my blogs again :) Thanks for the tip!

Thank you!! You are so thoughtful to help us all out. I am just on my lunch bread (from working in the gardens) and as soon as I get a free minute or two, I'm going to see if I can do this. My computer is 100 yrs. old and I have about as much technical genius in me as my dog :) But, I'm going to give it a try :))

LOVE this idea! We're big fans of Scribd...thanks for sharing!

I've never used Scribd! You girls teach me something new each week!

Oh, what a great idea! I will have to give that a try sometime. I've never heard of Srcribd before. Thanks for sharing!

I would love to make my own recipe cards. There's also some SUPER cute ones on etsy!

I finally got around to handing out my Sunshine Awards! Thanks for being a sunny part of my day!

Hey there! Just wanted to welcome you to SITS! I'm a fellow SITStah :-)

great idea-- i am going to do this! thank you

I finally got around to handing out my Sunshine Awards! Thanks for being a sunny part of my day!

Oh, what a great idea! I will have to give that a try sometime. I've never heard of Srcribd before. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!! You are so thoughtful to help us all out. I am just on my lunch bread (from working in the gardens) and as soon as I get a free minute or two, I'm going to see if I can do this. My computer is 100 yrs. old and I have about as much technical genius in me as my dog :) But, I'm going to give it a try :))

Hey there! Just wanted to welcome you to SITS! I'm a fellow SITStah :-)

great idea-- i am going to do this! thank you

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More