Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Fruit Pizza

This weekend our GOODe friends Lisa and Scott came over for dinner and a movie. Right on the heels of the BIG FREEZE, I was equipped and ready to quickly pull together a dinner for the night. I grabbed some seasoned ground beef from the freezer and whipped up a couple Deep Dish Pizzas and then threw together THIS:


And yes, it is as good as it looks...


It could have somethin' to do with the 3 sticks of butter in the crust...


But don't worry I used a 1/2 cup of Splenda to balance it all out ;)


Then a 1/2 cup sugar


Then as much PURE Almond Extract as you'd like. I like A LOT (2 T)... but you do what your heart tells ya. Make sure it is pure and not imitation... imposters should not be tolerated when it comes to almond extract... Just sayin'.


Cream together.


Then gradually add 3 cups flour 1/2 cup at a time. Note: I accidentally grabbed the whole wheat flour... so my crust is a little off color.


Dump out on a sprayed jellyroll pan and press into shape.


Pop into 350 degree oven until baked through 12-15 minutes.


Mix 1 part whipped cream cheese to 1 part fluff.


I used around 1 1/2 cup of each and mixed through.


Let crust cool completely then cover in icing.


Yummo!


Then top with your favorite fruit.


Want a bite?


Enjoy!

Click on image to print recipe only.



Our Homeschool Home


22 GOODe Thoughts:

that looks incredible! very pretty to present, too!

I am NOT a fruit eater. (Wish I was, but I just never have been a big fruit lover.) HOWEVER, I have to say this pizza looks YUMMMMMMY! So beautiful & sounds really good. I may have to try it this summer when we know we're going to have friends or family over to share!

Looks great! I can almost taste it now. :)

Hi Cris!
How fun to have good friends over and spend time together!
Love the fruit pizza and I wish we could buy fluff here in Utah. All we have is marshmallow cream and I don't think it is quite the same :)
Have a fun day!!

I love this stuff. Mom used to make it a lot. She used sugar cookie dough for the crust.
On nights we had this, she also made a veggie pizza with crescent roll crust, hidden valley ranch sauce and raw veggies. We just had it a few nights ago.
I can't remember if I took pics to blog about or not though :)

Ohhhh girl!!! I love fruit pizza! Funny thing is, I just told Shawn over the weekend that Fruit Pizza sounded good, and I was going to have to make one real soon. Hummmm, guess you guys thought the same thing! :) Your presentation of it looks beautiful too!

Looks yummy, Cris. I left you something over at my blog: goingjane.blogspot.com

You are making your kitchen work overtime!
I love all these recipes you are posting- yummo!
I am at the gym 3X a week- I better kick it up a notch ;)
XOXOXOXO
(Never thought of using Fluff for the spread!)

Thanks gals!!!

And Jane, I am honored!!

Sounds good! I make a fruit pizza thats a bit different. They are always pretty though.

Yum! I haven't made this in yrs! My son's graduation party is this weekend, I'm adding this!
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

This looks so fresh and inviting! I'm sure all the fruit balances out the cream cheese/marshmallow fluff - right? :)

My family loves this but I have not made it in a long time.

It looks almost too pretty to eat! (But I'm sure I'd manage to - it looks delicious!)

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!! This looks soooo delicious!!!

Thanks so much for linking up to On the Grill again this week!

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!! This looks soooo delicious!!!

Thanks so much for linking up to On the Grill again this week!

Sounds good! I make a fruit pizza thats a bit different. They are always pretty though.

I love this stuff. Mom used to make it a lot. She used sugar cookie dough for the crust.
On nights we had this, she also made a veggie pizza with crescent roll crust, hidden valley ranch sauce and raw veggies. We just had it a few nights ago.
I can't remember if I took pics to blog about or not though :)

Hi Cris!
How fun to have good friends over and spend time together!
Love the fruit pizza and I wish we could buy fluff here in Utah. All we have is marshmallow cream and I don't think it is quite the same :)
Have a fun day!!

YUM! Can't wait until strawberries are in season again! :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More