Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Crabby Cheese Soup


Tonight is one of Puddie's favorite recipes from the FREEZE-quel: Crabby Cheese Soup.


Aunt Lou and I found this recipe in Gooseberry Patch's 5 Ingredients or Less... Unfortunately for this recipe--in the end it needed 6 Ingredients (tsk, tsk) for our Goode taste buds... but lucky for us, we knew just what it was missin' ;)


Add 1/2 cup (whipped) cream cheese to this and ya got some AWESOME Crabby Cheese Soup.

Ya might notice that the name is a little different. That was Aunt Lou's doin'. She decided to quit smoking (Yay!--Go Lou!) the DAY OF our FREEZE-quel. So, when she insisted on changing the name to Crabby Cheese Soup...it seemed fitting and big sis was not gonna argue ;). BTW-- It has been several weeks and Aunt Lou is still smoke-free :)


So, ya start with some crab (1lb)... or fake crab if you are on a budget ;)



Then you give Aunt Lou a knife and STAND BACK...


Or, she might get...um... crabby...


Then pop the top on 2 cans of Cheddar Cheese Soup.


And two cans Evaporated Milk


Melt 1/2 cup butter or margarine and dump it all in a pot.


Then sprinkle on 1 Tablespoon Old Bay. I heart Old Bay. It smells and tastes sooo good!

But, for some reason when I boil it in water, the steam takes my breath away... why is that? Anyone know?


Dump in your crab. (You're seeing double here.)


Mix'er up and your done... BUT WAIT!!!


Toss in 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese for a little more flavor... Yummo!




I heart whipped cream cheese...


This stuff was yummy! It was good as a soup and good with pasta. And, even despite my reservations at first, it freezes well.



Now, if you splurge for REAL crab, I bet it would be even better...

Think I could talk those Time Bandit boys into bringing me back some to Indiana?

15 GOODe Thoughts:

Great recipe! Following from Friday Follow. Stop by if you get a chance :)

Sarah
http://lewiscrazyhouse.blogspot.com

Please, please force me to do freezer dinners. I want this soup now. But maybe that is because my body has recovered from that bout of food poisoning.

Outdoor.mom- It is GOODe stuff!

Sarah- Thanks for stoppin' by! Your site is quite lovely:)

Ms. Leah- Glad you are feelin' better:) Poor thing! Being sick away from home (let alone a plane!) is no fun. As for freezin'--why don't we do a joint one this month???

Darn it...I'm allergic to Shellfish. I suppose I could make it with that pretend crab..LOL.

Hi! Poppin' in from Friday Follow to be your newest Follower! Have a wonderful weekend and pop by my blog if you get a chance. I love new followers! :)

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
http://www.groschengoblins.com/2010/04/friday-follow-april-30-gbop-giveaway-2.html

Readhead Riter- Definitely quick and a family favorite.

Bridgette- Thanks for stoppin' by!

Wish I wasn't allergic to shellfish! Looks yummy Cris!

Visiting and following from Friday Follow. Oh man, I am drooling over that crabby cheese soup! Hope you’re having a great weekend thus far.

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

I have that cookbook...how did I miss that recipe?! Yummo! Got to try it... And I love just about any recipe w/ cream cheese, so I'll be adding that too!

Hannah- Ya can always do the fake stuff ;)

Midday- Welcome! Thanks for stoppin' by!

Holly- Don't ya just love GP? I asked for 2 new ones for Mother's Day and got 3 (early)! I am so stoked!

Readhead Riter- Definitely quick and a family favorite.

Bridgette- Thanks for stoppin' by!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More