Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's a GOODe Life: Puddie Got Me a Pool Boy for Mother's Day ;)

I have to tell ya that my inner Rachel is just giddy tonight.

Meet my new "Pool Boy" ;) *swoon*


Whirlpool that is ;)

Be. Still. My. Heart.

Oh Whirlpool, I have waited for you so...

Your old sister just wasn't cutting it anymore... she pretty much was better at dirtying the plates than we were... not so much a dishwasher but rather a dishdirtier so to speak-- and I didn't need any more of that around here.

Oh how I have waited and saved for you...

Then somethin' would happen...UGH!

Waited and saved again

Somethin' else happened... Double UGH!

I was beginning to wonder if I would ever see you.

Then Ramsey happened and I waited and saved and then...you guessed it:  somethin' happened--somethin' uber big this time...

But guess what?!?

We were prepared for it and this time I actually got you oh wonderful, beautiful Whirlpool.


I just heart you and your nifty guts.


Adjustable nylon racks


Wonderful, blissful silverware holders...


And, your uber awesome Power Scour!


But above all... I love that you have made yourself at home right away and already have my baby's finger prints all over ya :)


Pool Boy for Mother's Day... Now that is a GOODe Thing.

*Disclaimer: I have paid my dues as a non-dishwasher owner over the years and more recently as the owner of the crappiest dishwasher known to man--really it could have won contests. I do know that dishwashers are not a necessity and that I was fortunate to even have a crappy dishwasher. However,  I am over the moon that I was finally able to save up and get this dude.

10 GOODe Thoughts:

AWESOME!!! I loathe doing the dishes & only had my 1st dishwasher when we moved into our last place about 7-8 months ago. This new place doesn't have a dishwasher & also doesn't have a place for a built-in one to go so I'm saving for a portable. I know what you mean though. They aren't a necessity but man oh man do they make life a lot nicer! So glad you got the one you had been waiting for!! Happy Mother's Day!

Oh happy day!
If you had the 'crappiest dishwasher known to man', then I have it's identical twin!!
Congrats on the new toy :)
Have a happy, clean dish day :)

It is the simple things in life that really make us happiest!!

Hooray for the dishwasher! Just yesterday I had to re-wash half the dishes that came out of our dishwasher. John told me this morning we could get a new one. After we finish the basement. And the kitchen cabinets. And... and... Well, you know the story. :)

LOL!
You "needed' one, you saved for one- so you can own one- it's okay by me!
Your Pool Boy is so very handsome- I'll bet you are just making extra dirty dishes, just so you can watch him flex his muscles, aren't ya?

Thanks Ladies!

Marybeth- Goodluck ;)

Leslie- You crack me up.

It is the simple things in life that really make us happiest!!

Hooray for the dishwasher! Just yesterday I had to re-wash half the dishes that came out of our dishwasher. John told me this morning we could get a new one. After we finish the basement. And the kitchen cabinets. And... and... Well, you know the story. :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More