Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, May 24, 2010

GOODe GOODeNESS: Turkey Tetrazzini


Tonight's meal is Turkey Tetrazzini... Yummo!



We always had the BEST Turkey Tetrazzini at college. And, I finally found a comparable recipe in my Gooseberry Patch Best Ever Casseroles Cookbook.... Yippee!




(Click on photo above to print recipe only)


Start out with turkey cutlets or leftover turkey if you happen to have roasted one ;)



I cooked my gals up right with a little EVOO




And Lawry's


Meanwhile I boiled my pasta


in water flavored with chicken bouillon 


And dried minced onion


Smellin' GOODe about right now ;)


Once my turkey was done, I ran my knife through it again.


Then I added a couple cans of mushroom soup to my drained pasta


And a dollup or two of Daisy (8 oz)


I just heart Daisy. Hands down my favorite sour cream.


Then it was time to add a 1/2 cup of milk


A can of drained mushrooms


salt and pepper to taste


Don't forget the turkey!


Mix 'er up


Cover with cheese. Yummo!!! This is seriously a new family favorite.


And, it freezes beautifully Ladies and Gentleman. 

Mommy Score!

12 GOODe Thoughts:

Yum! You're so bad for my diet! Now I want to EAT! Hope you have a great week!

Mmm...I think I'll text hubby and have him set out some turkey to thaw! That looks amazing, and I actually have all the ingredients at home! (except the sour cream - have a recommendation for a substitute?)

YUM! That recipe looks even better "in person" if you know what we mean. :)

OK, since your time appears to be freeing up after Friday, I need you to make a date with me to do some major freezing. I will provide a pool for entertainment for the children. Husband may come:) But probably bring your own turkey!!!

Sorry Holly!!!

Katie- I hope the whole milk worked out.

Lol GP!

Leah- You got it. We need to sit down with our calendars.

Looks delish I wanna eat it!!! I'm following you from Following Me Back Tuesday!

http://nikkisann.blogspot.com

Happy a beautiful week

xoxo
NiQ

So bad for my diet too! Look at all that cheese! Oh, yum! This looks great, I just found your blog, I'll be back, it looks great, thanks!

Lou Approved! Just had my first taste and it was SOOOOOOOOO YUMMY! Always a treat when I eat with the Goodes! :)

This looks great-I will have to file it away for an after Thanksgiving recipe. Thanks for sharing. Please join me for Tasty Traditions, a Thursday recipe meme.

Great pictures and directions. Also, I appreciate the reminder to use turkey! =)

This looks great-I will have to file it away for an after Thanksgiving recipe. Thanks for sharing. Please join me for Tasty Traditions, a Thursday recipe meme.

Yum! You're so bad for my diet! Now I want to EAT! Hope you have a great week!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More