Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Monday, January 10, 2011

The Kitchen Remodel Part One: Atlanta, we have a problem.

NOTE: If you haven't entered my Gooseberry Patch Cookbook Giveaway yet, it ends tonight at 9 pm EDT.
So, the time has come to begin to share with you what we Goodes have been up to with our kitchen... and down to and through to, too;)

As you might recall, back in late August of last year Puddie went to Atlanta , GA for 10 solid weeks and Miss Add and I spent a lot of our time here, there and on the road in between.

Sometime within those 10 weeks (we think), our fridge began keeping a little secret from us... unlike Miss Add, our fridge was apparently NOT potty trained and was making a mess of herself and the floor underneath her.

In November, Puddie came home and life began to get back to normal and I actually had time to look at the floor and to notice something other than the million and one things I was juggling, packing and unpacking...


Looks like a dirty floor in need of some mopping, right? WRONG. That is what I thought too...


But, then I looked closer...


And Puddie looked closer...


And, Houston Atlanta... we have a problem...


So we pull out our fridge and find out that she has been keeping quite the secret...


Which led to our insurance adjuster telling us we had to have our contractor do THIS to our kitchen floor right before Thanksgiving... and that she would come out a week later to check it out.


I have anxiety just looking at these pictures because at the time I had no idea how much worse it was going to get before it got better...


Once the debris was towed away and the blowers dried the floor, this is what we were left with until the week after Christmas...


In an effort to make the kitchen livable, I put down some fashionable Amazon flooring... it is all the rage you know ;)

We had been planning on remodeling the kitchen, but we were planning on doing our bathroom first... This little discovery led to a change in plans. Ya see, it made no sense to replace a floor... then rip out a wall and replace it again... so we needed to wait until our contractor could fit us in to do the whole job... thus the long wait.

Speaking of waiting, this is the end of part one. Stay tuned... I promise I won't make you wait a month ;)

Photobucket

10 GOODe Thoughts:

I KNOW your pain! We lived in our house when we remodeled our kitchen! It was NOT fun and it felt like it TOOK forever! Can't wait to see photos of the finished product! :)

Ditto what Hoosier farm Babe says, but we haven't really hit the kitchen yet. It's all an upheaval and a bit of a domino game getting it all finished. Hang in there.

Speaking of Atlanta having a problem, wonder when Leah will get home. Those Southerners know nothing about snow! YIKES!

Oh my, I do not envy you at all for the must-do kitchen remodel. Hope all goes well.

Am I too late to enter the giveaway?

Oh no! Sorry to hear this... definitely no fun. :-( I guess I'm lucky though my husband has been in construction for years... so we get things fixed when we arrange it :-) Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see the after pics.
Blessings,
Jill

oh wow. So did insurance cover the new floor?

I also feel your pain - lived in our house during our full kitchen gut and remodel, too!

I don't know whether to feel sorry for your mess (mostly!) or excited that you get a kitchen re-do.
That's awful.
We had a similar fridge issue--fortunately we caught it before it got to that point. (Didn't ever consider it could get that bad!)

That's terrible! Stupid fridge!! I'm sure the remodel is amazing though...can't wait to see!

I don't know whether to feel sorry for your mess (mostly!) or excited that you get a kitchen re-do.
That's awful.
We had a similar fridge issue--fortunately we caught it before it got to that point. (Didn't ever consider it could get that bad!)

Ditto what Hoosier farm Babe says, but we haven't really hit the kitchen yet. It's all an upheaval and a bit of a domino game getting it all finished. Hang in there.

Speaking of Atlanta having a problem, wonder when Leah will get home. Those Southerners know nothing about snow! YIKES!

I KNOW your pain! We lived in our house when we remodeled our kitchen! It was NOT fun and it felt like it TOOK forever! Can't wait to see photos of the finished product! :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More