Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gal's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Tonight I whipped up a batch of --my Bloggy and IRL Pal-- Gal in the Middle's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins for my road trip down to Blissdom.

Hope they make it there... ya see my family INHALES these babies.

Truth be told, when Gal made these for our big 12 blogger freezer cooking day, they didn't make it to my freezer... or home from our road trip to southern Indiana for that matter!


I decided to make them after putting away a kazillion cans of pumpkin into my almost finished pantry (look for  its upcoming appearance in my kitchen remodel series). 

Half way through putting away (half ) of the canned goods, I realized I had 14 cans of pumpkin (and counting), 3 large bottles of mustard and some major obsession with evaporated milk and cream of mushroom soup...just sayin'

So I went to my Evernote account (HEART Evernote!) and had no less than 6 pumpkin recipes sitting there waiting for me and when I saw Gal's there, I totally knew I HAD to make them...

Not only will it help the family miss me a little less and make tasty road trip treats, I figure they might garner some new friends at Blissdom... since I don't know a soul there... 

Hey, I am not above bribing for friendships... just sayin'

Anyhoo, back to the muffins... I made a double batch...


I took 1 1/2 Cups Oil


2 Cups Sugar


4 Eggs


And 1 (pardon-my-construction-dust) 15 oz Can of Pumpkin


Mix 'er up


Meanwhile, at a bowl near you, I took 3 Cups Flour


2 t Baking Powder


2 t Baking Soda


2 t Cinnamon (Note: Gal's recipe calls for less cinnamon)


1 t Salt


Mix 'er up


Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix again.


Now add in 2 Cups Chocolate Chips (Gal has me hooked on Ghirardelli Chocolate Chocolate Chips,)


And scoop into well greased or lined muffin tins... NOTE: I didn't grease mine like I should have...


Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until the muffins test done.


Yum!


Check out Gal's blog for the recipe! Enjoy!
Photobucket

13 GOODe Thoughts:

Oh no! You are making me hungry :)
I better go drink a giant glass of water :)

I NEED one... ours never made it to the freezer either... I wish I would have thought about these earlier today, I would have totally made them... Totally Jealous!

So glad that everyone loves the recipe. Yours turned out less sticky on top than mine usually do. Probably need to back mine a bit longer! Have fun.

WoW! Those look good and now my stomach is growling. :)
Kel
www.betweenthelines-kel.com
betweenthelines-pr.blogspot.com

I found three cans of pumpkin and was wondering what to make...now I know! Thanks for sharing!

Mmmm, those sound yummy! Thanks for commenting on my post on Re-framing our thoughts. I've never heard of Lou Tice and that book and am checking it out. Thanks! New follower, too.

Oh my gosh, could your pictures of those muffins BE any more delicious looking? I'm a big fan of pumpkin anything and with chocolate chips, you don't have to ask me twice to eat them. I have a new linky on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up or another sweet treat if you wish. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/01/sweets-for-saturday-1_21.html

Hope you have a great time! The muffins look wonderful. :-)

WOW. You have found my favorite sweet Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip cookies. WOW!

Waiiiiiiiiiiit a second, Missy. I've been hanging out with you for two days now, and I haven't seen a single pumpkin chocolate chip muffin at all. Crushed. That's the only word for it! ;)

I made these this afternoon. They are absolutely wonderful! Glad I stocked up on canned Pumpkin this year. :) The are kid and husband approved...that is pretty awesome!

I NEED one... ours never made it to the freezer either... I wish I would have thought about these earlier today, I would have totally made them... Totally Jealous!

WOW. You have found my favorite sweet Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip cookies. WOW!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More