Welcome to GOODEness Gracious

We're cooking up all kinds of GOODe things with a side of life! Come on in and check out our recipes, freezer cooking, super mommy secrets and common sense commentary on the GOODe life.

FREEZE-O-RAMA

Come chill with me, baby, as we cook up a month's worth of family meals in just one day. So come on into my kitchen. We'll give you all the freezer cooking tips, tricks and recipes.

Goode and Gooseberry Patch Project

Join me as I cook my way through Gooseberry Patch's Cookbook--Mom's Favorite Recipes a la the Julie/Julia project.

Super Mommy Secrets

The world is full of Super Moms just like you that make the world go round. From play rooms to board rooms, check out how my Super Mommy friends make it all happen.

It's a GOODe Life

Life is made up of moments. The funny. The ordinary. The frustrating. Join us as we share a few of ours while we live the GOODe life in the hills of Indiana.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Holy Hugeness Batman!

When one of my friends found out I was coming to Blissdom and that it was being held at the Opryland Hotel Resort, she told me that it was one of her favorite places on earth and oh, by the way, watch out or I'd get lost.


Well, it is true that my GPS has made me very directionally challenged, but I had NO IDEA how right she was...


I have been wayyy lost more times than I really want to admit.

It is embarrassing really.

Seriously.

I feel like I need to drop bread crumbs Hansel and Gretel style... just sayin'

Anyhoo, today I took an awesome photography class with some super awesome photographers like Moosh and Domestic-Chicky  that now have me scared to use my flash...just kidding...well sorta... but not about the flash part ;)


Check out fellow Indy blogger, Beth from IN Good Cents serving as my backdrop :)


And this would be blurry Beth... pardon my camera, Nikki. The poor gal (Nikki, not Beth) is in shock now that I have switched her off auto and took her flash away...

So, Nikki and I walked around a bit (and got lost a lot --she isn't very good at this directional stuff either...just sayin') and took some pics sans flash ;)

Note: I still photoshopped the heck out of these pics, but I did have a better base to start with...I think ;) Bottom-line is that I now know a little more about aperture, shutter speeds, ISOs, etc. and I have a basic knowledge to start practicing outside of automatic... and without a flash.



So as Nikki and I moseyed along, I saw that it had indeed snowed...again.  I am sooo tired of snow.


Lucky for me, this place is like a village indoors and I could take an "outdoor" stroll inside.


Oh Spring, I miss you so...


Here is one straight out of the camera... no editing. Loving the bright red!


***


I met this gal along the way. Not sure if she is a blogger...


She definitely looks like she has a story.


Yep, an enormous waterfall...out of nowhere. 


I told you this place was huge... and all of these pics are from one very small part of the hotel.


Nikki and I sooo need an app to navigate this place.


Signed- Lost in the Delta... or was that Magnolia? ... wait, Cascades?-- there was a waterfall...just sayin'


Photobucket

10 GOODe Thoughts:

Looks like a great place, Yes!

thanks for the pics!

Leontien
www.littlemissbookwurm.blogspot.com

Don't drink and then try to find your room...just sayin'. :)

Ah! Wish I was there! Looks beautiful! Hope you are learning more than you are getting lost. :)

Yep, it IS easy to get lost in this place! We wandered around and around that first night, lol!
Bernice

Don't drink and then try to find your room...just sayin'. :)

Looks like a great place, Yes!

thanks for the pics!

Leontien
www.littlemissbookwurm.blogspot.com

Yep, it IS easy to get lost in this place! We wandered around and around that first night, lol!
Bernice

I could not believe how huge that place was. I don't feel like I know it any better this time around, either! 

Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing an insider view on The Gaylord Opryland.

Looking forward to my First Bliss in 2012! See you next month!

Chrysta

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More